Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!

I have a 2012 508sw with a 2-zone climate control. Im currently having an issue with the temperature on the driver side (in my case, the left side). Not sure when the problem started in the first place, because on daily basis i only drive about 45km to work and home and i really have not felt the difference so much as recently when i had a couple of longer trips. Been talking to a guy in the norwegian peugeot club and from what he told me, there was a common fault with the heater matrix. Beeing clogged or something. Also common on the 308 and RCZ which resulted in the same symptoms that i have in my car. He was pretty sure my problem would go away after changing the matrix, so i changed it. Which is the cheapest part to change in this case when you dont have any faultcodes or nothing to help you out. So, i will try to explain a little bit more in details.

The climate control is set with AC on, usually with both driver and passenger side temp set to 21 degrees and also the air distribution set to ''window'', ''face'' and ''feet''. On the right side, the temp feels like 21 degrees, on all 3 levels and the air pressure seems to be the same. On the left side on the other hand, its a completely different story, here it feels like the ''window'' part is almost cold with low air pressure, maybe somewhere around 15-16 deegrees, the ''face'' level feels like 24 degrees and slightly higher air pressure, and the ''feet'' level is BURNING hot with the same air pressure.

I have to turn down the left side to about 19,5 to match the right side temp, but even if the temp on the ''face'' level is matched with the other side, the ''feet'' level and the vents at the back of the center console is still burning hot, and this EVEN if i turn the ''feet'' level vents off, they are still blowing out hot air. On top of it all, the small wents that are just above the ''face'' level vents, are ALWAYS blowing cold air,at the same temp as the vents under the front windscreen. So even if the temp is matched, i will still have both cold and warm air coming from the same area, which is pretty f*****g irritating hour after hour on long journeys. However, if i put the temp setting on both sides to LO, they all match in both temp and air pressure.

As already mentioned, i have changed the heater matrix. When the heater matrix was out, i was able to get full access to 4 flaps right under it. Used diagbox and took a actuator test on both right and left side mixing motor and all 4 flaps where working perfectly. Pollen filter has been changed earlier this year and the aircon gas is full so everything is as it should.

Has anyone experienced this problem? If yes, what was the solution? Been checking the 508 part of this forum over 26 pages back but did not see anything that seemed to be the same problem. Im currently waiting for a hd inspection camera that i am planning to check the vents with when i get it, but i really would appreciate any tips regarding this. Have a happy new year everyone, hope it would be problem free...!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No cause was found. 1 week at the local dealer did not result in anything.... Only a BSI software update was done, which at one point seemed to make a difference but unfortunately did not.... Do you have the EXACT same problem?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Heater problem

Hi thanks for reply.
The problem I have is not exactly the same but is simalare (different temperatures on same side) my car has dual zone control.

The driver side (RHS) works correctly.
But the passenger side has a mix of temperatures,
with air con on you get cold air from dash vents, slightly warmer from front floor vent and very hot coming from the left hand rear seat vent, rear right vent works fine.
I have only just noticed this as it the first warm whether this year.

When heating is on the difference is not really noticeable.

I was thinking my problem may be down to one of the heater mixer flaps but I don't know.
I think there may be two each side but I have been able to find out yet.

If i do find the cause i will let you know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For me, that sounds exactly the same. The problem i think, is not in the flaps that adjust temp. Because as i mentioned in the first post, i was able to see and test all of the flaps that do this with Diagbox when the heatermatrix was out. On both our cars with dual zone, all airflow and temp will be adjusted within the heaterbox or whatever its called, on a 4 zone it has an extra thing inside the centerconsole that adjusts temp and airflow. I could see all 4 flaps moving at the exact same way, and speed when i was working on this so i know they are all inn good shape.

The technician said that he checked all motors located on the outside of the box, and they where all fine. He also said that the temperature inside a 508 (and many other peugeot's) are adjusted with the help of three sensors, water temp, outside temp and inside temp. Even if you have a dual zone or 4 zone, you will only have these 3 sensors, not one for each side and so on. (The technician on the other hand, has a 5008, and he says he also get warm feet in his car and thats just how they are :p )

Personally i have started thinking that it may be a fault with the climatecontrol ecu. But im not a mechanic, so i may be wrong but when all mechanical things work, there must me something else. And i think that even if the flaps worked properly when i tested them with Diagbox, they could be functioning the wrong way when they are run only by the climatecontrol ecu.

Since this, i have bought a IR-thermometer and a small HD inspection camera and are planning to do some more research when i have the time for it. If there are problems with flaps, it must some other flaps located somewhere else inside, and thats what i need to find out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Heater control

Hi

I have removed the trim in the center foot well of the car and found on my car there is a panel that moves pushing two levers and a metal rod.
one of the levers had come partly out of its track.
I have managed to get it back although it keeps coming out as plastic seems to be slightly distorted.
This has made a definite improvement to the left hand side temperatures but I still dont think its is 100% correct.
Now instead of mix from hot air to cold air it is just slightly warm to cold air.

If you haven't already looked at this area it may be worth while.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Heater control

Hi

I have removed the trim in the center foot well of the car and found on my car there is a panel that moves pushing two levers and a metal rod.
one of the levers had come partly out of its track.
I have managed to get it back although it keeps coming out as plastic seems to be slightly distorted.
This has made a definite improvement to the left hand side temperatures but I still dont think its is 100% correct.
Now instead of mix from hot air to cold air it is just slightly warm to cold air.

If you haven't already looked at this area it may be worth while.
Hi, how are you? I have the same problem would you mind telling where is located and how you removed it please?

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts