Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here, but been reading stuff for a while. I have seen posts about tyre pressures for 19 inch wheels, bit wondering what people run for the 18's.

This in part has come about as I'm currently hiring a V90 on holiday and although it's the R-Sport version, it's way more comfortable than my GT.

The chart in the car for days 2.6 bar to 2.9 when full, but even at 2.6i find it a pretty harsh ride. Any similar experiences, or anyone now running their tyres at lower pressures to keep the ride good?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
The suspension set up on the 2.2hdi GT is different to the other 508 models. It is a harsh ride and the tyre pressures you quote are correct. I messed with pressures for ages to find the best balance of ride and handling. I know it's personal preference but I had an early Gt with 18inch and the later GT with 19s. I found 36psi for both (loaded & unloaded) wheel sizes suited me the best.
You will never get a soft ride from your GT because that's the way they are made.
You can't even buy smaller wheels to allow fatter tyres because the brake calipers are so large. I did read on here someone said they put 17in wheels on but I didn't believe them.

Grumpy

·
Registered
366 Posts
I ended up choosing an Allure instead of a GT purely because of the suspension. I test drove a GT and it was great, but I knew I could not live with that suspension long term....I currently do approx 45000 miles a year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I knew that the suspension type was different, or using double wishbone on the front, but I didn't realise that overall it was harder. Oh well, guess I'm getting older and looking forward to a more cushy ride in the next couple of years!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts