Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Quick report on my experience with Stoneacre Peugeot with my 508 GT. As my dad ran his own garage for years, this is the first time I've actually used a main dealer.

I booked the car in for:

- Front and rear mudflaps
- Front brake pads
- RT6 firmware update
- Deprogram folding mirrors
- Rough idle when cold
- Boot drips in water when opening
- Replace 2 wheel nut caps
- Fit new external door pillar trim
- Steering lock occasionally playing up

Overall I am very impressed with the level of service. Most things were accomplished, but not the door trim (some rivets need ordering for £10...), the folding mirrors (they couldn't disable them), steering lock issue (couldn't be replicated), rough idle (couldn't be replicated) and the boot water issue. The mechanic says there's a "TSB" for it (whatever that means) and it will cost £78. I haven't argued about this yet, but as it's clearly a design fault I don't see why I should have to pay that...do you?

Communication was very good throughout, with a couple of phonecalls to confirm the collection date and time, plus text reminders. The collection service was excellent, as long as you are OK with someone driving your car!

The car was washed before being returned, and then I received a text with a link to a health check and report page which includes a 3 minute video from the mechanic explaining what work was done as he walks around the car. Pretty impressive!

All in all a pretty good first experience with a dealer. I will definitely be booking my car in with them again for its service next year.

One amusing sidenote, I received a call yesterday from a sales chap at Stoneacre who had seen a 508 GT was coming in and asked me some questions about age, mileage and so on. He then said they would be interested in buying the car from me. Coincidentally, not long afterwards he told me he was sitting in his office looking out at at a brand new 508 saloon with £7k knocked off! I laughed and told him I was happy with mine, but nice try :thumb:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As my RT6 is now bang up to date, I took the plunge and bought the latest maps from Peugeot Navigation and updated my unit tonight. All seems to have gone well :thumb:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
My 508 GT (2.2) was periodically rough when cold.
It was an injector leak.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I've had two 2.2 Gts and they both idled rough on cold start. With a quick light rev of the engine it goes. I'd spoken to Peugeot technical about it and they told me it's usual and expected. Something to do with emissions regulations (that old chestnut!). I've covered 355k miles combined in my GT and they've always done it at cold start. No long term issues have been caused by it happening.
I'm sure there are other GT owners on here that5 will either agree or disagree but for me it didn't turn out to be anything to worry about.
Curiosity killed the cat... Why would you want to deprogram the folding mirrors?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I used to have the boot drip with my Allure - yes, design fault. My GT is an SW so there is a nice overhang and the drips just run down the side channels. Good to hear of a positive experience of a dealer :thumb:

I'm sure there are other GT owners on here that5 will either agree or disagree.......
I've never experienced that issue but, there again, my car has only done 18k so there's time yet.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info grumpyoldgit! I did notice some light revving seemed to help!

I wanted the mirrors depogramming as twice over winter they froze and wouldn't fold out. Didn't want the motors burning themselves out ya know? It is a good visual cue to know your car is locked though I suppose.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used to have the boot drip with my Allure - yes, design fault. My GT is an SW so there is a nice overhang and the drips just run down the side channels. Good to hear of a positive experience of a dealer :thumb:

I've never experienced that issue but, there again, my car has only done 18k so there's time yet.
The boot drip thing is infuriating, and such a basic oversight it almost beggars belief. My coping mechanism is an old t-shirt which I rapidly grab and start drying the boot lip with :D

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
ah.. I see, you must be in a slightly colder climate than me. I've never had it happen to me in the last 6 years with my GTs.:lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts