Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have a 2012 GT with about 60,000 miles on it. Just in the last couple of days I have noticed that when I go between gears on the auto gearbox (drive to reverse ect.) the car seems to jolt when it goes into gear. The jolt is really quite strong, almost like I've been hit from behind!

Any advice would be greatly recieved.

Thanks.

Paul

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

· Registered
502 Posts
is it like this video? He had his box replaced...

or like this video? He had reset "computer of active engine silentblock, in diagnostic Its called BEBA"

· Registered
502 Posts
try 2nd solution 1st since it's wayyyyyy much cheaper

· Registered
167 Posts
Paulwilco
This is procedure for hard reset you can try it see if it cures your problem .

Make sure you can do this safely ok

get a road where you can get in to 3 rd gear without stopping

stop switch off ignition start put car in drive foot to the floor and keep it there untill it hits 3 rd gear stop switch off wait 5 mins then drive normally untill you have gone thru all gears this is a hard reset worth a try at least .

please let me know how you get on

good luck

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all your advice. In typical Peugeot fashion the problem has disappeared over the last day or so. I'll monitor it and try the reset if it occurs again. Thanks again!

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

· Registered
51 Posts
Paulwilco
This is procedure for hard reset you can try it see if it cures your problem .

Make sure you can do this safely ok

get a road where you can get in to 3 rd gear without stopping

stop switch off ignition start put car in drive foot to the floor and keep it there untill it hits 3 rd gear stop switch off wait 5 mins then drive normally untill you have gone thru all gears this is a hard reset worth a try at least .

please let me know how you get on

good luck
That sounds more lika a PICL procedure, and not like the reset of the adaptive gear box algorithms....

The way to reset the shifting and shift pressure algorithms is:

- There is two ways to reset the AM6 and EAT6 gear box.
Do both, then you are sure that it has worked.
Method one:
1. Press gas pedal to the floor
2. Ingnition on, to second, do not start the engine
3. Release the gas pedal
4. Wait minimum 20 seconds, do NOT touch the brake pedal, do NOT turn off ingnition
5. Turn ingnition off.

Method two:
1. Get in your car, it doesn't matter if you close the door or not.
2. Turn the key to the on (not start) position, the position just before the starter turns over. ( with keyless, just press start without touching the brake)
3. Then press the gas pedal to the floor with the key in the "on" position.
4. Hold the pedal to the floor for five seconds, then turn the key back to the "off position". Then release the gas pedal.
5. Wait a full 2 minutes for a full electronic alignment. Don't remove the key or press the start button.

Conditions:
Motor off
Battery over 10,1 volt
Coolant temp between 10°C and 90°C
Outside air temp higher than 6°C

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.