Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much deliberation I decided to get my car properly remapped. I'm not a boy racer, but am after better economy and an improvement in the dreaded flat spot this engine suffers from when pulling off.

Anyway, I tried a plug in tuning box from a member on here, it did improve the torque and the MPG slightly, but not the flat spot. Also to be fair they are a bit of a blunt method as they all just confuse the ECU into putting more fuel in. I also didn't like the fact it is visible and also harder to get your insurer to cover it.

So, after much research I plumped for a quantum tuning remap, and got it done locally at their tech development centre. They were happy for me to stay and watch which was interesting.

The ECU has to come out and the usual unloading of the stock software and then altering and reloading.

Early days yet and I understand the car needs to relearn some adaptations but it does drive so much better than I expected.

It does have more grunt, but more importantly for me the power delivery is much smoother and more responsive, and the flat spot is hardly noticeable now which is fantastic.

I will keep tabs on any MPG change and let you know in due course but so far I'm impressed.

Fingers crossed it was worth the money for what I was after.

·
Registered
170 Posts
After much deliberation I decided to get my car properly remapped. I'm not a boy racer, but am after better economy and an improvement in the dreaded flat spot this engine suffers from when pulling off.

Anyway, I tried a plug in tuning box from a member on here, it did improve the torque and the MPG slightly, but not the flat spot. Also to be fair they are a bit of a blunt method as they all just confuse the ECU into putting more fuel in. I also didn't like the fact it is visible and also harder to get your insurer to cover it.

So, after much research I plumped for a quantum tuning remap, and got it done locally at their tech development centre. They were happy for me to stay and watch which was interesting.

The ECU has to come out and the usual unloading of the stock software and then altering and reloading.

Early days yet and I understand the car needs to relearn some adaptations but it does drive so much better than I expected.

It does have more grunt, but more importantly for me the power delivery is much smoother and more responsive, and the flat spot is hardly noticeable now which is fantastic.

I will keep tabs on any MPG change and let you know in due course but so far I'm impressed.

Fingers crossed it was worth the money for what I was after.
Remaps are great in this respect, and it's good to hear that Quantum are doing things properly, by chance did they give you a screen shot of the before and after details on the map, I'd be interested to see what their like.

I do miss having my car mapped but at the moment I just can't find a tuner that want's to touch the hybrid system which is such a shame, the 163bhp 2.0 diesel that's in this car is such a spikey power delivery that it's horrible to drive hard without working the gearbox, and that's not exactly ideal in an EGC car even if the electric motors do a good job of smoothing out the changes.

·
Registered
477 Posts
1. Can you let us know what was promised gain in HP and torque and have they run your car on dyno (do you have real figures)?
2. How old is your 2.2 and how many miles?
3. Do you have warranty on engine and gear box?
4. What was your MPG? Let us know difference after fuel tank or two.
5. Cost?

THX

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

They do have a rolling road but I didn't want that as costs extra. Power quoted goes from 204BHP to 235, torque from 450 to 520Nm.

Mine is 2012 and has 47K miles on it.

No my warranty ran out a while ago. I don't think you will find a tuner that would on an older car.

My MPG like many varies alot, town driving mid 30's, on a long steady run late 40's.

List price is £349, it was £300 recently, just call them and ask as always room for manouver.

Will let you know on MPG changes.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Only issue I have with remapping my GT, apart from I might be changing it anyway.
Is what power and torque will the gearbox take?

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
"Curiously, the DW12C’s fuel supply rail is run at 1800 bar (180MPa) rather than the 2000 bar of the two-litre engines, suggesting that PSA is slightly derating this unit — perhaps to keep its torque output within the limits of the available transmissions."

Under the Skin: Peugeot 508

^^ doesn't suggest we have much room for manoever!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
reading that article would make me think there is no room for manoeuvre but talking to one tuner I know very well he's sure the box is strong enough to take 560/70 without too much trouble but any more than that and you may be looking for trouble,

oh and the reason for 1800 over 2000 is just due to flow rate as far as I know, although it does beg the question why the difference?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
JLR used the same engine and 'box in the Evoque, and that's quite a lot lower powered than the 508.
Is that for a reason maybe?
Gearbox longevity?

·
Registered
170 Posts
JLR used the same engine and 'box in the Evoque, and that's quite a lot lower powered than the 508.
Is that for a reason maybe?
Gearbox longevity?

purely for tax an economy reasons, they aimed the evoque to match the quasqui and others in the same space but engineered it to try matching it's big brothers off road capabilities.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi all,

OK, since having the remap I was diagnosed with an illness which meant I haven't used the car much at all, only for appointments which means lots of trips in very heavy traffic then lots of waiting for a parking space. All in not much use by means of a comparison in MPG.

Anyway, over the weekend I popped over to Norfolk which is more of a regular trip. On this occasion the traffic in places was quite heavy.

That being said the car averaged 50.2MPG which is a good 5MPG improvement on anything prior on that journey which I'v made many times.

I always calculate MPG by measuring how much fuel I used against the distance travelled, brimming the tank each fill.

Interestingly it looks also like I properly filled the car before leaving as the fuel gauge wasn't on full plus the figure before was a bit too good so likely to have been better.

Will keep an eye on things and update again when I have more miles on my regular journeys covered.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,
Almost 3 years later from your first post about the remap do you still drive the car? Is it still in good condition /mostly the gearbox/? I am thinking about remapping mine 508 too and now collecting opinions.
Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.