Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all drivers of 508's, here is an oddity of the 508 software that some one may have solved.
On my 508GT of June 2012 vintage, if the cruise control is switched off, not just paused, then I can get the "doors open" display on the small screen at the start of a journey, but not at the end of a journey.
How do I get the "doors open" display for start and end of the journey?.
Secondly, if the cruise control system is active, but paused, I do not get the "doors open" display al all, is this right?
Is it possible to have the doors open warning AND have the cruise system in operation all the time?
Martin.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I couldnt get any "doors open" message on my central display if I turned off cruise control/speed limiter... but it was an interesting exercise to go through.

I have a GT and the seat belt warning lights are on a panel above the rear vision mirror - so maybe what you are seeing is on the non-GT models.

I do wish that I could one day meet the Peugeot software people, as I have a lot of questions to ask "what were they thinking about when they made several decissions" which frustrate me every day... we can add your own to that list as well :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Antony508, thanks for your reply. My version of the 508 is the GT version. If cruise control is turned off on the steering wheel (not paused), then I can get a "door open" message before the car is driven, The gear selector must be in Park, handbrake "on", and after the engine is started. Once the car has started moving and a speed is displayed on the drivers display, then I cannot get the "doors open" message any more. For instance at the end of a journey, I do not get a door open warning if the passenger opens his/her door, very strange!.
I will check again what conditions are needed to get the message this morning and report later.
If cruise is active (although paused) I cannot get any door open messages.
Martin.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi Antony508, attached are photos of my display showing doors open etc
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Speedometer Gauge

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Speedometer Auto part
Engine running, cruise switch off, car not moved since engine started.
Note that the area normally occupied by the Cruise control information (just above the car graphic) is blank !.
Martin.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have never seen the door open message on my GT before - and after a fiddle I gave up trying to.

My car doesnt seem to mind if any of the passengers open their doors at any point... but if I open the drivers door then I get a warning message and a very annoying beeping.

(usually as a driver you know when you have opened your door, and its probably because you cant quite reach the parking ticket machine or something like that - so you are already a bit stressed, just what you then need is this siren-beep piercing through your head as well!)

And when I mentioned before about the display above the rear view mirror, I was of course mistaken... that display is just for seat belts - not open doors!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Antony508, thanks for your reply, there must be a software difference between the UK and Australia. I don't get any audible warning or beeping from any doors that are open at any time whether the car is moving or static.
I would, however, still like to have the "doors open" warning at the end of a journey, at least I would then know if the passenger has shut the door correctly.
Is it nice and warm down under? it is just about 0 degrees here this morning, calm, dry and very cold.
Martin.

·
Registered
327 Posts
It is strange that some models of the same car are not getting the same "door open" warning... and you have tried opening your door when not in park and you dont get yelled at by the car like I do??

...but your passengers can open a door and you get a warning, but only if the cruise or speed limiter is not on.

...whereas my passengers can do whatever they like with their doors, its only when I open mine that an alert is made.

curious!

25 degrees today, 29 forecast tomorrow - the weather is warming up for us in Canberra... it still drops to around 4 degrees at night though... :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Antony508, my second picture in post No.4 shows the transmission in neutral, and the display given on the screen (cruise switched off), when the drivers door is opened, but no audible warnings of any description. This message is available BEFORE the car moves, once a speed has registered on the display, I cannot get any more "door open" messages until the engine has stopped and restarted again.
Very odd. I will take the matter up with my friendly dealer on Thursday, my car is in for a replacement "Keyless" ECU, because the drivers door keyless entry device has become intermittent.
I'll keep you posted it there are any developments.
Martin.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Antony508 again, I have found another combination this morning that gives rise to the "beeps" as you suggest.
Engine running, car MUST have moved and registered a speed on the display, car then brought to a standstill, Cruise on or off (doesn't matter which), gearbox in neutral or drive, then open drivers door, the following message appears on the display (attached picture), does not happen with any other door.
Car Vehicle Speedometer Gauge Auto part
Oh what fun !!!
Martin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.