Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
My car occasionally wont start,cranks fine but wont start.After I disconnect the battery to reset the BSI the car starts.
On Diagbox i get the code:
P0215 71,Relay stuck.
I need some advice,what should i do next...
The car never cuts off while driving,just after stopping,occasionally wont start again.
Just to mention there are no other fault codes,just this one.
Any ideas?:(

·
7,921 Posts
Sounds like power management unit on the battery. Does the BSI have any stored codes as this normally logs a fault when the unit fails.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the fast a answer.
P0215 71
That is the only code i found with Diagbox 9.86 after the car didnt started.
I have done some research,and this relay is located in the fuse box itself,but the relay alone cant be replaced,just the whole unit with relays and fuses?
What’s weird is that when I reset everything works,if the relay is damaged, it would not be repaired by a reset...
Today I resetted the BSI and cleared the fault code,if it happens again, i will take a screenshot of the diagnostics screen.

·
7,921 Posts
Yes I have just looked at a few tech forums and it's a relay in the fuse box most swap the box others have changed the relays as they are a standard Omron unit and if you are good with a soldering iron they can be swapped.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today I will remove the BSM unit and clean all the contacts and spray them with contact cleaner.
If that doesnt help I will buy one from breakers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So...I have cleaned every possible contact...but today again P0215 71...cranks but wont start.
What i have noticed is that Diagbox shows 12.1V battery voltage when the fault code shows up.Is there a possibility that low battery is causing the no start condition?

·
7,921 Posts
If that's under load (eg cranking) or just after that looks OK. In Diagbox engine live data does it show ECU unlocked and what is the Cam/Crank Sync status, RPM and Fuel Pressure when cranking.

If fuel pressure is near zero I thing the BSM/Fusebox relay is not powering up the fuel pressure regulator part of engine ecu.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hy
So until today the no start condition didnt came back.Today first start,no start:).I have already diagnostics prepared,so Cam/Crank sync is OK,Ecu Locked is NO so that is also good.There is no problem with the immobiliser system,ecu recognizes the key.Fuel pressure is 1.0 bar,could that be the problem?

·
7,921 Posts
Yes see above post. fuel regulation section of engine ECU is not powering up due to BSM relay fault

1 - 9 of 9 Posts