Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i have a big issue with my peugeot .When i start the engine i get the next message L ,, Engine Fault Repair Needed`` and the joy-stick that switches functions from Auto-Sport-Zev-4x4 is not working anymore on switching to Zev/4x4(Hybrid is currently unavailable).Seems the car is not working on hybrid anymore , when i start it it goes directly on diesel.The car works perfectly fine on diesel . Anyone else had this problem? What do you guys advice me to do? Many thanks !!!

· Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem,and they put in new software but the problem is still here:(
Now they want to change the start/stop circuit because they dont know shit:(
I need sometimes to unplug the battery to start the engine.

· Registered
43 Posts
Hi, I use one as a Taxi and have had various things cause this issue. So firstly have you got Diagbox. This has helped no end and wouldn't be without it.
So causes this issue 1. Hybrid vacuum pump. Mine was replaced under warranty when it had one 2. Alternator belt due for replacement or tensioned. Once replaced or tensioned use diagbox to reset the time interval. 3. Rear hybrid diff defective possible sensor, but I had to replace mine eventually.

Hope this helps!
John

· Registered
1 Posts
Peugeot 508 hybrid 4

Hi

My Peugeot 508 hybrid 4 is having an issue with the engine belt. It breaks frequently, even after replacing the belt with auto tensioner.
Has anyone faced this issue?
What could be the reason for this frequent breakage of the belt?
At the time of breaking it gives message hybrid system failure, repair is needed, stop the vehicle and the belt breaks.

Can someone pls help me.

Thanks & regards,
Nalaka

· Registered
224 Posts
If new belts are snapping (serpentine belt??) it would suggest one of the idler pulleys maybe seized or sticking causing it to rub through the belt or something has come loose and is rubbing against the belt as you are driving. You need to get underneath the car, remove the under tray and have a good look with a torch or get a good garage to investigate the cause. New belts do not just snap on there own accord they should be good for 100K miles!

· Registered
2 Posts
Yes...

Also, it seems that the errors go away when engine is turned off and on again and only start re-appearing when driving. If car is stationary no errors appear, but when start driving engine fault appears, service light lights up and vehicle goes in limp mode

· Registered
8 Posts
Dear Peugeot friends,

I want to buy 508 hybrid 2013 with 281000 km passes.

Please tell me can i start the car and droce if battery or elwctric system is bad ? Can it work likw normal diesel ??

Also what is a lifetime of batteries ?

· Registered
9 Posts
Hi, did you sort this?
I'm having the belt snap when the hybrid trys to start the engine, the reversible alternator then spins and shuts down.
To answer myself regarding the aux belt snapping:
The belt needs to be tight, really tight!
There is an app called "Easy Tension" PlayStore etc. Use the "Frequency Meter" and tighten the belt so when the bottom run is twanged you get a frequency of 200Hz. Try several time for optimum results. This tension is for a Brand NEW belt.
After the belt is bedded in, stretched etc. it should be 165Hz
Search for "Gates_TT014_EN.pdf"

· Registered
4 Posts
To answer myself regarding the aux belt snapping:
The belt needs to be tight, really tight!
There is an app called "Easy Tension" PlayStore etc. Use the "Frequency Meter" and tighten the belt so when the bottom run is twanged you get a frequency of 200Hz. Try several time for optimum results. This tension is for a Brand NEW belt.
After the belt is bedded in, stretched etc. it should be 165Hz
Search for "Gates_TT014_EN.pdf"
I have a 2014 Peugeot 3008 Hybrid. I just lost a fourth drive belt in three months, I do not drive the car much. Each time it has been replaced by mechanics. first two non Peugeot. The last one and the current one replaced by a Peugeot certified mechanic. Lat time they replaced the auto tensioner stating that there was damage. The belt started squeaking after about two weeks and yesterday it broke again. The mechanic states that everything is good, all codes come in clear. Any ideas? Please Help! I would like not to have to drive there again in two weeks as the car will eventually overheat in the 20 km drive.

· Registered
9 Posts
Why should it over heat? The belt runs the alternator and A/C only.
What caused the squeaking? Was the belt slipping?
See above about the tension of the belt. If too loose it can snap after just a couple of starts.
God luck

· Registered
4 Posts
Why should it over heat? The belt runs the alternator and A/C only.
What caused the squeaking? Was the belt slipping?
See above about the tension of the belt. If too loose it can snap after just a couple of starts.
God luck
Well, I went to pick the car up yesterday. I did explained what was written above about the tension, as best I could, the people there do not speak English and my technical Polish is pretty crappy. I was assured that all should be good now. So I got in the car and started it. It started in the EV mode, so I turn the knob to the 4-WD. It squealed like a pig, as the belt slipped. The mechanic came over right away stating that no such thing happened to him and he drove the car home and to work to make sure and verify all is well. He stated that the tension was right and that he thinks that the battery must be bad and needs replacement. He tried to explained that with battery not holding a full charge, the car upon starting encounters high load and that is why the belt slips, squeals and ultimately breaks. Obviously I left the car with him to "fix" the problem, although I feel like the explanation is kind of lame. I read number of forums where people have the problem with breaking belt on a hybrids, no one however has posted a real solution. Peugeot also has no mention of these issues either.
It is frustrating, as I like the diesel hybrid, almost as much as my Prius.

· Registered
43 Posts
Firstly how many miles has the car done? Secondly has the alternator bearings been checked. Warning a replacement alternator is over £2500, however I have had the bearings replaced twice now as my 508 RXH has done 223k. I had the bearings replaced by alternatorman the first time and done it myself the second time. Belt tension is checked by a sound frequency app.

· Registered
4 Posts
Firstly how many miles has the car done? Secondly has the alternator bearings been checked. Warning a replacement alternator is over £2500, however I have had the bearings replaced twice now as my 508 RXH has done 223k. I had the bearings replaced by alternatorman the first time and done it myself the second time. Belt tension is checked by a sound frequency app.
[email protected] hotmail.com
The vehicle has 150k kilometers. The mechanic stated that he checked all the components and they worked freely without any strange effects, no loose or noisy items.

· Registered
9 Posts
Well, I went to pick the car up yesterday. I did explained what was written above about the tension, as best I could, the people there do not speak English and my technical Polish is pretty crappy. I was assured that all should be good now. So I got in the car and started it. It started in the EV mode, so I turn the knob to the 4-WD. It squealed like a pig, as the belt slipped. The mechanic came over right away stating that no such thing happened to him and he drove the car home and to work to make sure and verify all is well. He stated that the tension was right and that he thinks that the battery must be bad and needs replacement. He tried to explained that with battery not holding a full charge, the car upon starting encounters high load and that is why the belt slips, squeals and ultimately breaks. Obviously I left the car with him to "fix" the problem, although I feel like the explanation is kind of lame. I read number of forums where people have the problem with breaking belt on a hybrids, no one however has posted a real solution. Peugeot also has no mention of these issues either.
It is frustrating, as I like the diesel hybrid, almost as much as my Prius.
Hi, sorry to hear your troubles.
My car I had all the issues with is the 3008 Hybrid4 2012. It has two ways of starting! Turn ignition on, turn eco mode off, turn key to start position and engine starts using 12 volt battery and conventional starter motor.
When it starts in hybrid mode (eco in normal position) the alternator turns the engine using the 200 volt battery pack. I found that with "normal" tension in the belt, the tensioner assembly twists so far that it effectively locks on to the belt and the belt snaps. When I say snaps:

If your belts look like this, this is not wear, something is putting a hell of a lot tension over a very short time on the belt. For me, it was not tensioned tight enough when I fitted it!
I think you will find there is no 12 volt alternator charge to the 12 volt battery, it is charged via a power pack that runs off the 200 volt battery. The alternator power leads go directly to the rear of the car.
With no alternator belt fitted, starting it in eco mode and leaving selector in auto; the batteries, 12 and 200 volt will charge when the regeneration kicks in ( eg. going down hill)
Good luck with this. but make sure your garage uses the frequency method to tension the belt.
Floor Wood Flooring

1 - 20 of 24 Posts