Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My 504 cab rebuild proceeds very very slowly!

Both my front suspension struts were pretty tired, and I have got a new one which is great (though expensive!) but it came without a triangle arm attached. I have got the old one off, and got a rebuild kit.

Havent yet made up the two tools to fasten the balljoint nut, or the closing nut (which has the grease nipple in it is preened closed).

I have the workshop manual, which indicates the torque settings for the ball joint nut is 33lbs/ft, and the closing nut 5.5lbs/ft.

However it then says 'move the arm around and retighten to the specified torque until the two half cups are correctly positioned'.

Can anyone who has done this tell me exactly what they mean by that? How does one know when the half cups are correctly positioned? They cant be seen, so this must be a feel thing - the closing torque is so low that presumably the cups could be way away from the ball and still have tthe correct torque perhaps??

Any guidance before I get myself into trouble with it much appreciated!
DAvid

· Registered
1,143 Posts
I`ve done quite a few of these.
All I do is assemble the joint with plenty of grease then tighten the cap until you can feel resistance in the joint when moving the arm.lock it up and pump grease in it.
If this is any use to you? I`ve attached the measurements of my special tool sockets.

Attachments

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Having written you a private message, when I try to send it it doesnt let me because, until I have sent 20 posts, I can only send messages to administrators!

Seems a bit of an odd rule, but would you be willing to PM me instead?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.