Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being on the last phase of selecting a new car, I am scrutinizing the 5008 as prevailing candidate.
One of my critical expectations is ride comfort. I own a citroen c5 with the hydroactive suspension, overall the car is comfy and quite.

How is the 5008 doing on the following areas
A) road noise, coming from tires
B) aerodynamic noise at high cruising speeds
C) engine noise in the cabin
D) suspension absorption and softness

Any answers would be appreciated

I test drove a 1.2 model.
I found the suspension good enough, but I was a bit worried him tires noise, however the vehicle had winter tires of unknown quality.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Being on the last phase of selecting a new car, I am scrutinizing the 5008 as prevailing candidate.
One of my critical expectations is ride comfort. I own a citroen c5 with the hydroactive suspension, overall the car is comfy and quite.

Any answers would be appreciated

I test drove a 1.2 model.
I found the suspension good enough, but I was a bit worried him tires noise, however the vehicle had winter tires of unknown quality.
Hi, here are my thoughts:

a. Road noise from tires is pretty bad indeed, especially on high speeds, I would rate it 6/10.
b. Aerodynamic noise is not so bad actually, you might hear occasional sound comming from the mirrors when in strong crosswinds, but other than that I find it OK.
I do find that direct side winds impact the car's stability greatly, which surprises me since it really is not such a high car compared to other SUVs. I found myself strugling to keep it in lane the other day at 130kmh and with pretty normal winds comming from the side.
c. Engine noise is OK, I have the 1.6HDi and nothing to complain about.
d. Suspension is a great balance between comfort and sport driving if you ask me, and it is just the way I like it. It gives me assurance when going into corners that the car won't be rolling around uncontrolled and also it absorbs normal bumps very good. I drove the C5 with Hydro suspension once and that is amazing, please don't expect this car to be anywhere near that, like I said it is comfortable but also hard when you need it. Citroen's Hydro suspension could match any luxury car in terms of comfort, too bad they ditched it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hmmm.. The road noise troubles me.i did notice that during test drive
And you also confirm this

Does it have the soft material covering the wheel domes?
I wonder if and how this can be improved somehow, so far is the only negative I have found about this car.

I test drove others , quite different, like mazda cx5, vw tiguan, and each car had it's strengths, overall I like the 5008 more but it was noticeably worse than others on road noise.
I drive the DS7 next week, it's supposed to be superior regarding noise and comfort, but does not have some of the features we like on the 5008

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hmmm.. The road noise troubles me.i did notice that during test drive
And you also confirm this

Does it have the soft material covering the wheel domes?
I wonder if and how this can be improved somehow, so far is the only negative I have found about this car.

I test drove others , quite different, like mazda cx5, vw tiguan, and each car had it's strengths, overall I like the 5008 more but it was noticeably worse than others on road noise.
I drive the DS7 next week, it's supposed to be superior regarding noise and comfort, but does not have some of the features we like on the 5008
I am not sure about the soft covering of the wheel domes, never looked under the car.

I am sure the DS7 will have better sound insulation, or it should have, since they are targeting the mid-high luxury SUV segment with it (which I think will be a complete disaster). The DS7 is a nice SUV, but it is at least 90% the same car as it's peugeot counterparts, with pretty much the same build qulity for a higher price because of the DS badge, which to many people means nothing at all compared to Audi/BMW/Merc badges.

But like you said, I also considered the other brands you named above, and compared to them the 5008 is simply something completely different, I love the car and love every moment of driving it, which I would not be able to say about the Tiguan or the CX5 I am sure.

·
Registered
52 Posts
a) there is some road noise. I don't think it comes directly from the tires, it is more of a low frequency "rumbling", which I guess is noise generated by vibrations of the structures of the car. it might be possible to reduce this noise with proper floor and boot mats. the noise levels are tolerable, but probably the weakest point of the new 5008.
b) I would say it is very little aerodynamic noise, at least compared to cars I have experience with (Opel, Toyota)
c) very little engine noise (I have the 1.2)
d) suspension is really good with light load. with load the suspension seems too easy to bottom out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
A) It varies depending on the road but you can only hear it at high speeds
B) Okay i guess, wind noise becomes audible starting from around 110KM/h and it goes up as you speed up.
C) Thanks to Focal my engine sound is actually fake. As a result i don't hear the real engine sound.
D) I have taken a speed bump while driving in a more than reasonable speed and loved how the car absorbed the shock, preventing it from traveling through the rest of the car. The car is firm though and you will feel the speed bumps and road imperfections.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts