Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, looking for a bit of advice.

My father in law bought a 5008 a couple of weeks ago (10 plate 1.6 auto) and within days of getting it heard a knocking sound coming from the back.

He got our local mechanic (a guy we trust, have used for years) to give it a quick once over and he couldn't find an issue. He then took it to a Peugeot dealer garage (Arnold Clark store) who said it's the dampners in the shockers at the back and hit him with a projected bill of £410.

He's looking for a second opinion.

Now, i'm also looking for a new car and I like the look of the 5008. I saw one in Blackpool going for about 5k (again a 10 plate, 1.6 auto) and as I'm in Glasgow I told the guy I would be buying blind and could he tell me if there are any issues. He said that there is a knocking sound coming from the rear when going over bumps in the road, and that he suspects it's the anti roll bar bushes which should only cost about £50 to replace.

I was going to ask him to replace them rather than trying to negotiate a discount on the car, but now i'm wondering if it's just a common thing with 5008s and should I steer clear?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Afaik the 5008 doesn't have any ARB at the rear, so strange if it was the ARB bushes :)
The crossmember itself acts as the ARB I suppose.

·
9,195 Posts
Maybe a faulty shock or shock mount

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts