Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 5008 (2011) had all 4 injectors replaced at 13750 miles, and they have now failed again at 31250 miles. In each case Peugeot agreed to pay for the new parts (therefore admitting that this was a basic fault) but I have to pay the labour cost. This is obviously an unreliable model and I intend to get rid of it before another 15000 miles elapses, as it appears that the injectors only have a 15000 mile lifespan ! Steer clear of the 5008 !

·
Registered
4 Posts
It seems strange all 4 injectors failed x2 ??
It might seem strange (!) to you, but the fact that Peugeot readily agreed to pay for 4 New injectors (twice!), but not the Labour cost, indicates a basic fault in this model. I intend to sell it before all 4 injectors need replacing again in another 15k. My next car will not be a Peugeot diesel.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It might seem strange (!) to you, but the fact that Peugeot readily agreed to pay for 4 New injectors (twice!), but not the Labour cost, indicates a basic fault in this model. I intend to sell it before all 4 injectors need replacing again in another 15k. My next car will not be a Peugeot diesel.
Is this on a 1.6 or 2.0 HDI?

·
Registered
4 Posts
It has a 2l diesel engine and the injectors (all 4, twice) were replaced on the advice of the local peugeot dealer after they contacted the HO to confirm that the parts would be supplied FOC.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It has a 2l diesel engine and the injectors (all 4, twice) were replaced on the advice of the local peugeot dealer after they contacted the HO to confirm that the parts would be supplied FOC.
Wow. My 2011 2.0 HDI is on 63k miles, never had an issue on the injection system and I bloody hope it stays that way!

I suspect you have another issue in the car and that's having the injectors over. I am not saying this is your issue, but I know for certain when the injection pump fails, or the fuel filter is not seated correctly, or there is too much water in the fuel, that can destroy injectors in no time at all.

Obviously, any incompetent mechanic may just chuck injectors at it at 5 grand a set (or whatever they are, won't be far off that figure) without addressing the real reason for the issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.