Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Trying to make up my mind for the best and most suitable wheels for the 5008 GT-Line.

I know the following:

18" Detroits Matt with Michelin 225/55/R18 Tires
19" Washington's with Michelin (new SlimLine - Primacy 3) 205/55 R19 Tires (See: Michelin Primacy 3 - Tyre Reviews)

1) Which will have the better handling, grip, safety and ride comfort?
2) Which will really be more economical with better fuel efficiency? And does it really make a big difference?

The 19's are nice looking, but the 18's have more rubber on that road... I like the idea of more rubber on the road, but maybe the new 19" Slimline tire from Michelin is really good.

Interested to hear your views...

Thanks...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hello, the 19 ones look great on the car but if you are going to have constantly 7 people in the car you might need the extra rubber. Are you going for grip control btw? If yes then you can only get the 18s Los Angeles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, the 19 ones look great on the car but if you are going to have constantly 7 people in the car you might need the extra rubber. Are you going for grip control btw? If yes then you can only get the 18s Los Angeles.
Hi, Thanks for the response... Yes, looking for good grip, control, and comfort... So as I thought the 18" option has most rubber on the road and should be more comfortable as well.
By the way, the GT-Line 1.6 e-THP EAT6 model comes with the 18" Detroit Matt as standard.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi, Thanks for the response... Yes, looking for good grip, control, and comfort... So as I thought the 18" option has most rubber on the road and should be more comfortable as well.
By the way, the GT-Line 1.6 e-THP EAT6 model comes with the 18" Detroit Matt as standard.
They do, but as long as you put the grip control, you can only get the 18" los angeles and the mud and snow tyres.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts