Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the forum and after some help.

On purchasing a new funky 3008 my dad offloaded his 2011 5008 1.6 Hdi onto me.

Nice car but after a year and at around 85k miles, is starting to have problems. A lot of vibration at idle/low revs and changing gear requires a lot more gentle persuasion than is usual.

I'm guessing DMF and clutch needs doing. Is this something that I can get my local independent garage to do or is it something best left to a dealer?

The starter motor is beginning to fail to engage too (every second or third turn) so that's going to need doing. Does that require significant belt removal / cost?

Also the air con has a leak.

At least I don't have to have the injectors replaced as they went on my dad's watch, to the tune of around two and a half grand!

It's a "vendredi après-midi" car me thinks. :)

Anyways, sorry for the rambling message and thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Gavin

·
5,997 Posts
Welcome to the forum an indy garage should be find and around 2/3 price of a dealer.

If you plan on staying around please take the time to post an introduction in the correct thread :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum an indy garage should be find and around 2/3 price of a dealer.

If you plan on staying around please take the time to post an introduction in the correct thread :thumb:
Thanks for getting back and apologies for the tardy reply.

Shall certainly introduce myself as I think this may be a car that needs more than a little tinkering with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts