Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have Peugeot 5008, details are...

- registered 2010 July
- Diesel 1560 cc
- Miles just under 65,000

I have just recently take it to a Peugeot garage for some work. They did a diagnostics and told me that my diesel additive tank is empty - needs topping up and reinitialised. They have quoted a rather high price for it - about £380:(.

My questions are...

- according to the car handbook there should be a warning light in the dashboard if the additive tank is low. I have not got any kind of warning:confused:. Why would that be - could the sensor be faulty. Is this something that only peugeot diagnostics kit can pick.
- I have contacted a number of different other / independent garages and each has given me a different story.
- Halford said they can do it at all as they do not have the equipment to do the reinitialisation.
- Kwik fit has said they can do it, but cost almost the same as what peugeot is quoting.
- another independent garage said that it will cost about £60 / litre of the additive and they can do the reinitialisation. Not sure how much of the fluid goes into the tank.

Can anyone shed any light what should I do.
- Should I not bother getting it topped up right now, given that there is no warning on the dashboard.
- Should I go ahead and get it done by peugeout. Or I try one of the independents.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

R

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hi rg117,
Peugeot dealers will tell you the fluid needs refilling when it looks a little low. In my experience it's best to wait until you get the warning "DPF additive low" and it will eventually. From that point you'll have about 1k miles to get it done.
My cars do a lot of motorway miles and don't normally need to be refilled until at least 100k.
Best bet would be do some research now to find a forum member near you with Planet. Get your local garage to refill then visit the planet owner to reset the counter for you. GO HERE http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/maintenance-9/diagnostic-peugeot-planet-map-7734/index119.html
The chaps on this forum can be very helpful on here and will be glad to be of service.

By the way, £380 is a rip off! Twice the price of what I pay.

·
12,463 Posts
GSF is cheap for additive, around £35 a litre IIRC.

Buy two litres, get it reset for the cost of a pint from one of us.

There's a good thread or two on the subject on here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Grumpy and Gibbo,

Thanks for your response, really appreciate your help and advice.

I will follow your suggestion - wait for the warning indicator to come in the car dashboard. But in the mean time, check with the all the local garage as to who can do the re-initialisation when it is needed.

Thanks,

R

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
GSF is cheap for additive, around £35 a litre IIRC.

Buy two litres, get it reset for the cost of a pint from one of us.

There's a good thread or two on the subject on here.
This.
There are people with the dealer software knocking about who would happily help for the price of a pint of proper beer :)

Depending where you are, that person could be me.

But you don't want that...

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
risk of particle filter clogging

i have a peugeot 5008 model 2011 and before 2 days when i went to the station and fuel it with diesel when i start the engine show me this message ''risk of particle filter clogging'' .what is going on and what i must do.its fuel of eolys

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hi Giobo,

you need to take it up a motorway ASAP for at least 30 minutes keeping as close to 2000 RPM as you can. The car needs to be at full running temperature and keep your fingers crossed that sorts it.

Other than that, it's to the dealer for you or if you have a forum member with Planet near you they may do a forced regen for you. This is not ideal but sometimes needs must.

There are companies that do DPF recons now so all is not lost.

Grumpy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Giobo,

you need to take it up a motorway ASAP for at least 30 minutes keeping as close to 2000 RPM as you can. The car needs to be at full running temperature and keep your fingers crossed that sorts it.

Other than that, it's to the dealer for you or if you have a forum member with Planet near you they may do a forced regen for you. This is not ideal but sometimes needs must.

There are companies that do DPF recons now so all is not lost.

Grumpy
i must drive to 2000 RPM or more?in what gear or it doesnt matter?what do you mean to have fingers crossed?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Any gear. The idea is to give the car a chance to do it's own regen of the DPF (self clean). In order to do this the car needs to be at running temperature and enough revs to force the rubbish out of the DPF. This normally takes 15 minutes for a healthy DPF.
As for the fingers crossed thing, if this don't work then you'll be in need of someone to do a forced regen with the computer or worst case a new DPF. That will be expensive, unless there is someone near you that can recondition yours for you.

There's loads of discussion about this, especially in the 407 forum.

Grumpy

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i have a peugeot 5008 model 2011 and before 2 days when i went to the station and fuel it with diesel when i start the engine show me this message ''risk of particle filter clogging'' .what is going on and what i must do.its fuel of eolys
I've just read this again.

It has elloys fluid in it? You have not ignored a message about fuel additive being low have you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts