Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi boys and girls
Need to replace the gear box in my 307 hdi 110bhp, due to being remapped i was wondering if the 6 speed box would be a good replacement for the 5 speed box and would it just be a straight swop or will it be a pain in the arse???
Any info would be a great help

·
5,618 Posts
I'm curious. Why would you need to change the gearbox?:)
As above why change the box remap will give more power/torque but will not change rev range etc you will be hard pushed even with a remap to rev out in 5th. Wider spread of torque in a good remap also stops falling off boost when changing gear

Original box is fine on my remapped 2.0 110 (now 145) done 60K+ miles since remap and no issues other than overrun whine in 2nd/3rd which has been there for more than 100K

·
Registered
464 Posts
This is interesting. Didnt they make a 2.0 hdi 136 with both 5 speed & 6 speed gearboxes?

Surely they are like for like swaps as a result in typical mass production fashion?
I thought all the 136 2.0's were 6 speed - the 1.6's come with a 5 speed (well on the 407 anyway - dunno about anything else)

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
6 speed box has a very tall 6th gear and you need to be doing motorway speeds before its even worth using 6th it drops the revs too much to maintain progress below 70mph

if you watch the fuel computer at 70 mph you actually use less in 5th :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
If I remember correctly its a shade under 2k rpm at 70mph in 6th.
Mine will pull in 6th from about 45-50mph no problem if yours wont until almost 70mph you have a problem. (or its not the 136 engine)
I changed the clutch and flywheel on mine and there isn't a lot of room to get it in and out but I was on the deck using axle stands a lift would have been much easier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i am replacing the box cause i got the car with a dfp fault which is why the remap was required, and it had a intermittent problem with 3rd gear, which now is getting worse so i was just having the chuck around of an idea because i have heard that the gear ratios give it better acceleration with the same top end there or there a bouts.
thanks for all your comments think i am going to give it a go and when i am in there think i am going to do away with the dual mass fly wheel at the same time and put a solid one in its place will keep you informed of what happens :confused:

·
Registered
369 Posts
No I find the higher the speed revs the lower the consumption.
I get better mpg when just traveling around normal 60mph main roads, back roads and towns as soon as I get on the motorway at 70, 80 or 90 it gets lower and lower. But since blocking the egr off I can get 50mpg now mixed driving taking it easy :thumb:
(but can get it under 30mpg if in a rush)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that's interesting due to the vauxhall cdti 6 speeds do have better mpg at 80mph i tried it with my dads zafira and at the moment i get more miles to a tank of fuel if i sit at 75ish than what i get at 60ish????? could this be due to the remapping software?????:confused:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Maybe aerodynamics would also play a part. First car I have ever had that isn't better sat on a motor way at 70 than normal A roads and towns. But am very chuffed with 50mpg normal use.
I got 43 last trip back to the UK loaded up (before blocked EGR) sat at 80-85 most of the time and no traffic.
I am also taking actual mpg not what the computer says.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts