Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just woulnderd if any one had tried ALTENZO tyres. 215/55/17 thinking of purchasing these tyres as they have very good reveiws, they are a mid range
Tyre and the price is reasonable.

I tow a caravan and just woulnderd if I were to purchase 2 tyres should I put
Them on the front or rear.

Advise welcome.

·
5,867 Posts
Have not used that brand of tyre but fitted some Hankook Kinergy to my 307 SW after always using premium brands.

They had good reviews and great ratings eg A's & B's for economy and wet grip and where a good price, they have performed better than any of the previous premium brands.

New tyres should always be fitted to the rear of a vehicle irrespective of front or rear wheel drive so the tyre companies say.

Not sure if it is still on the Michelin website but they had a safety video to fully explain why its better to loose grip on the front than the rear.

·
Registered
149 Posts
How much are the Altenzo's?

I put a pair of Barum Bravuris 2 tyres on the back of my 407 before xmas, done about 2000 miles and they are great, no problem in the wet. Im thinking of getting another pair for the front shortly.

Got them off mytyres, they are now £75.50 supply only or £89.50 fitted. I fitted mine myself and got them balanced for £4 each so less than £160 for a pair.

My car had some Chinese Zeta tyres on the back when I bought it and unless the road was completely dry they were lethal.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Altenzo tyres

I have located some ALTENZO TYRES. 215/55/17.

Price £61 all in price they say they are mid range tyres not buget.

They have even said I could drive on them for a month if not satisfied

Could have my money back, they must be confident.

TYRETRADERS.Com. Are the company

Don't know to go for them, what do you people on this forum think.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Just a thought, and in no way putting down the tyres you're talking about, but I wouldn't personally put a lot of stock into the fuel efficiency part of it.

Reducing rolling resistance can help improve fuel efficiency. So if you opt for tyres classed as ‘A’ instead of ‘F’ – this could help save you 80 litres of fuel per year which could add up to more than £100 of savings.

This also benefits the environment, as CO2 emissions are reduced considerably. (Based on 10,000 miles per year with a petrol engine, at £1.30 per litre).
Going from F to A might save you £2 a week so I can imagine C instead of (for example D) would be pennies.... I'd be more inclined to lean towards grip first, and noise second, with the Fuel Efficiency being a third factor... Just my 2c

·
Registered
149 Posts
They have to be worth a try especially with the money back guarantee!

Be interested to see how you get on with them, just checked and a pair supply only are only £103, so if there any good I might try a pair on the front of mine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Altenzo tyres

Well I went ahead and had a pair of altenzo tyres on the rear, I went with

Halfords in the end as they matched the price £59 per tyre all in.

Will let you know how I get on with them when I have covered a few miles,

They said they are selling quite a few with good reveiws.

I tow a caravan so will let you know how I get on, more concerned about how they perform in the wet.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Tyres are always a bit of a contentious subject. I've researched tyres many times and have yet to find one where everyone agrees that they are either good or bad. You always find several people who either love them or hate them with a few that sit on the fence. I guess the same tyre could give different results on two different cars whether it is grip, wear rate, noise, comfort or fuel economy that causes the difference in views.

I would always go for a tyre that has many good reviews for grip, especially in the wet. Good rolling resistance would also be a factor for me along with longevity due to the high mileage I do. Noise isn't a deal breaker as the stereo has a volume control :) As long as it doesn't sound like a tractor without an exhaust is inside the car with me I could live with it. EU noise regulations tend to keep the noise levels of most tyres to a reasonable level. Price is not necessarily the main concern though a reasonable price is a must. Would prefer to pay a few quid more on each tyre for better grip than save a fiver each only to find the car won't stop quick enough. Too cheap could end up costing dearly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts