Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

i have searched this forum but could not find info on this topic.

I am looking for a suitable model (double din) to replace the original RT3 but to preserve the steering wheel and other control functions that are on the dash (if possible).

Does any one have any info this, what are suitable DD radios available to replace the original RT3 in 2004 407SW.

The main reason i want to do this is - RT3 doesn't play MP3s nor does it support USB.

Thank you for the help in advance.

Cheers

·
Registered
687 Posts
Hello,

i have searched this forum but could not find info on this topic.

I am looking for a suitable model (double din) to replace the original RT3 but to preserve the steering wheel and other control functions that are on the dash (if possible).

Does any one have any info this, what are suitable DD radios available to replace the original RT3 in 2004 407SW.

The main reason i want to do this is - RT3 doesn't play MP3s nor does it support USB.

Thank you for the help in advance.

Cheers
Depending on how old the car is and the BUS system it uses, it may be quite a long job. For my 307, I had to replace the fascia loom and get a new dash display as well as the stalk adaptor. Choosing the fascia loom takes a bit of digging around on servicebox to identify which one you need as the dealers will likely be clueless on this one

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Depending on how old the car is and the BUS system it uses, it may be quite a long job. For my 307, I had to replace the fascia loom and get a new dash display as well as the stalk adaptor. Choosing the fascia loom takes a bit of digging around on servicebox to identify which one you need as the dealers will likely be clueless on this one
Its 2002 model according to the data i got from decoding the VIN.

I assume that the fascia loom is the mask of that is on the dashboard..

I would like to change the parts in the red area (with something newer, like this HD 7 inch Double DIN Car Stereo DVD Player GPS Nav Cam Bluetooth iPod FM SD Port | eBay for example) but keep the original functionalities and error reporting on screen.. maybe i am looking for to much , but hey.. if it can be done. why not..

AFAIK upgrading rt3 software to 6.63 gives it the ability to play mp3.

the version i have now is 6.63 , also i have cd changer in the back and i assume AUX port with audio/video input in the glove compartment .
But the problem i have with these is that when i press SRC button on the radio i get nothing... no source selection of any kind..

So, how do i play mp3 or usb on this thing :D

Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think u have to go to the video meny and not use the source button. And then play from the video/audio in inside gloves
compartment.
I can be wrong but i think its like this.
Brgds
Hjalle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think u have to go to the video meny and not use the source button. And then play from the video/audio in inside gloves
compartment.
I can be wrong but i think its like this.
Brgds
Hjalle
just tried it.. no audio no video.. just a blank black screen on the dash...

C

·
0 Posts
Aux may need enabling with planet and there is also a setting to turn it off on the rt3 menu somewhere.

MP3s play in unit only, you need to remove maps disc and stick MP3 disc in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aux may need enabling with planet and there is also a setting to turn it off on the rt3 menu somewhere.

MP3s play in unit only, you need to remove maps disc and stick MP3 disc in.
burned a one mp3 file on a cd, put it in.. and tried to get the CD on SOURCE..

pressed source button nothing happens...

Used voice command to activate CD Player , i get the message : "Could not find CD Source" and now i cant even get the CD to eject..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, been to the peugeot service today (30€) diagnostic to tell me that "something" is broken inside the unit (probably some piece of plastic that blocks CD) and that is preventing me to change the source (but the radio stations work automaticly).

They could not get the CD out but they made me an offer to replace the whole unit.. now hold on to your seats, the price of the unit is 1770€ (holly s**t balls), that price made me laugh ..

So, my question now is:

Can i get the RT3 unit from any PUG407 (2004 year to 2014) or do i need to find the unit exactly from that year.

Also, is it possible to put RT4 in the 407 (year 2004, model year 2002)?

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts