Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have recently become the owner of a 56 plate Peugeot 407sw.
It was given to me by my brother and it was in a terrible state, all moldy and no MOT.
I had the MOT done and got it fully valeted.

I absolutely love the car. And now just looking to learn some knowledge with regards to these cars and then try and do some bits and bobs myself.

There is a few things that I still need and will hopefully source them at good prices in the near future and I would also like to get a good android touch screen stereo system.

My main issue right this minute is the keys and locks.
I was supplied with only 1 key, this has been snapped and then superglued back together but it is in terrible state, does not work in the door lock, none of the buttons work, I'm quite surprised it actually still works in the ignition.
So yea I need a new key, new fob, all programmed so I am able to actually lock the car because at the moment it's parked on the street permanently unlocked.

I have found this forum so I am hoping I will enjoy my time here.

Just thought I would give some kind of introduction for everybody.

Look forward to chatting and meeting some like minded people.

Rickey

·
5,088 Posts
Welcome to peugeotforums, which bit of key is glued ??

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
7,059 Posts
Welcome from me as well thanks for the intro

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
Welcome, there are people on here that can send you key cut to code and key code to your door for a very reasonable price you have to supply picture of v5, VIN number and photo ID for obvious reasons and someone local to you will come and programme it If you don’t have planet. I am in east Kent and would be more than willing to do that for you but with the current situation I’m not sure on availability regarding keys?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome, there are people on here that can send you key cut to code and key code to your door for a very reasonable price you have to supply picture of v5, VIN number and photo ID for obvious reasons and someone local to you will come and programme it If you don’t have planet. I am in east Kent and would be more than willing to do that for you but with the current situation I’m not sure on availability regarding keys?
Hi,

Thanks for your response. I have got planet so I would be able to do that myself when I find out how lol
I was just needing to get the actual key cut.... I don't know how to get the codes for my keys. What sort of price am I looking at for someone to supply these codes for me?

Do you know if I could program this key that I have found on eBay?

Thanks again

·
Registered
312 Posts
eBay keys are virgin they don’t come with codes so you might as well be trying to use your neighbours keys each car has. Laser cut code which an auto locksmith uses to cut key blade there is a guy called trustme on here if he isstill about, you provide him your ViN along with your credentials he pulls your cut code to your blade and your programming key code which is used to sync key to BSI and sends you them in the post then you programme it with planet. 100% genuine I’ve used I’m 10 times or more

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
eBay keys are virgin they don’t come with codes so you might as well be trying to use your neighbours keys each car has. Laser cut code which an auto locksmith uses to cut key blade there is a guy called trustme on here if he isstill about, you provide him your ViN along with your credentials he pulls your cut code to your blade and your programming key code which is used to sync key to BSI and sends you them in the post then you programme it with planet. 100% genuine I’ve used I’m 10 times or more
Yes I totally understand what your saying mate.
So if I get my codes, I can order that key from eBay. Get it cut and then program it to my car?
I just wanted to know that before I order a couple to get done ?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yes, you would obv then go to Peugeot get codes then go to locksmiths get cut then programme far more expensive and time consuming, keep the post updated as to what route you took and what price, coding keys is the easiest thing to do on planet but any issues people will point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, you would obv then go to Peugeot get codes then go to locksmiths get cut then programme far more expensive and time consuming, keep the post updated as to what route you took and what price, coding keys is the easiest thing to do on planet but any issues people will point you in the right direction.
I have just ordered a key online from a site and they can cut the keys from clear photos of the key blade.
It cost me £24 including delivery for the key fob with circuit board and cut.

Just a quick question, when I program the key with planet will that make the key able to start the car and also all buttons work to lock and unlock the car?
I only got my planet software and hardware a few days ago so have not used it to do anything yet lol

·
Registered
312 Posts
That’s first I’ve heard of looking at a picture each car has it’s own code to cut blade but I’m no locksmith, yes as long as you have codes and the key is recognised by BSI then it will start you will see this in the BSI in planet, if you hold the lock and unlock button together for 10 seconds AFTER the key programming then the key will sync you will hear the central locking engage this is separate system

·
7,059 Posts
I have got a 107 and DS4 key cut from a photo by Trustme and a Ebay seller both coded and worked fine

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That’s first I’ve heard of looking at a picture each car has it’s own code to cut blade but I’m no locksmith, yes as long as you have codes and the key is recognised by BSI then it will start you will see this in the BSI in planet, if you hold the lock and unlock button together for 10 seconds AFTER the key programming then the key will sync you will hear the central locking engage this is separate system
Well I was thinking the same lol but I was looking around for a key to order and I come across this site.
Thought why not give it a go and see lol
Hopefully all goes well with that and then I can get the key programmed.

Firstly I need to try and get hold of the codes so I can program with planet and get the key cut if this site does not deliver what they say lol

Fingers crossed all goes well and I manage to lock my car soon

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well there you go should be fine then.
Sorry I made an error, I ordered just a transponder key and not a remote key, so I have just had to change the order and it worked out at £45 in total including delivery

So now just need to try and get hold of the codes so I can program the keys.
Do you know how much that will cost me?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Unless your an auto locksmith then you will need to go to Peugeot, that’s why I said use trust me it’s minimal hassle posted to your door with codes supplied for a good price all you need to do then is code with planet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Unless your an auto locksmith then you will need to go to Peugeot, that’s why I said use trust me it’s minimal hassle posted to your door with codes supplied for a good price all you need to do then is code with planet.
I will try and send a message to trust me

Thanks mate

1 - 20 of 22 Posts