Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have 407SW 1.6hDI, Septembber 2008. It is restyling model with different tail lights, I don't know if this is important for helping me out.
I don't have bulb failure warning on mfd. I have diagbox 5.29 and can't find option to turn it on. Anyone have an idea where to look?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Headlight bulbs arent on the failure list as its easy to tell wen one is out. My offside blows every now and then and i dont get a warnin but have been assured if any rear bulb goes it will soon let me know

sent from my non apple product usin free autoguide.com

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had two brakelights failed, also I had problem with tail light ground, nothing worked on the back left side, and had no warning. But what you say for head lights makes sense. Any one with 2009 or younger to confirm having bulb failure warnings?

C

·
0 Posts
Headlight bulbs arent on the failure list as its easy to tell wen one is out. My offside blows every now and then and i dont get a warnin but have been assured if any rear bulb goes it will soon let me know

Mine warns me of headlight bulb failure, never had to replace any rear bulbs apart from number plate bulbs.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Mine is a late 2008, my dads (trem1) old.2004 model used to tell him bout headlights, peugeot probably changed software knowin them lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Bikus, I had a 55 plate SW and it told you everything about your lights, rear or front, have now got 59 plate, had bulb out in front... no warning, left glass screen open to try that, no warning, well showed up on screen picture of the car but no warning symbols, also previous when applied handbrake when still moving warning, this model gives nothing, Im not sure if mine has been all deactivated, may not be connected but rear screen wont open using button, only works from key fob. Checked connection to microswitch and switch is giving power, but low, 3.5v but screen not opening.

Does your screen work from button, if not it may be similar situation to mine, and all warnings been switched, Confused. Com:confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Bikus, I had a 55 plate SW and it told you everything about your lights, rear or front, have now got 59 plate, had bulb out in front... no warning, left glass screen open to try that, no warning, well showed up on screen picture of the car but no warning symbols, also previous when applied handbrake when still moving warning, this model gives nothing, Im not sure if mine has been all deactivated, may not be connected but rear screen wont open using button, only works from key fob. Checked connection to microswitch and switch is giving power, but low, 3.5v but screen not opening.

Does your screen work from button, if not it may be similar situation to mine, and all warnings been switched, Confused. Com:confused:
Same with mine glass screen, I can open it only with key fob, but I found that you can change it in diagbox. I will try handbrake warning and let you know. Regarding bulbs failure, I haven't found out anything yet. My guess is that Peugeot turned that option off because of many false warnings in the past.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Cheers Bikus, you mention can change it in Diabox, can you explain a bit further on this, as total novice, had a friend look at screen issue, try to trace workings through screen demister, but if what you say can be done I would like to try it that way for now, as probably easier than tracing wire when that may not even be the problem, trust the French!!!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
464 Posts
I've had front sidelight and front foglamp warnings from my 2006 sw - doesn't really help much with the rear light question though :s

EDIT: Hmm, odd - just had a quick look thru the servicebox user manuals - for my car (2006) the section about warning lights specifies "Bulb blown warning light (halogen lights)
When the lights are switched on, this
indicates that one or more bulbs are
faulty (excluding the side repeaters
and the 3rd brake light)."

When I looked at a 2008 car manual, this warning light wasn't mentioned at all - maybe the feature doesn't exist on newer cars? Also noticed it specifies Halogen lights in that quote - is it possible there's no light warnings on xenon based cars? Does yours have xenons?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No xenon on mine.
Alistair I will tell You where to check for rear glass switch enable/disable option as soon as I connect diag to mine, 99% tommorow.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Cheers Bikus, Are you gone to try to switch the screen activation when you connect to Diagnostics reader?For the option on rear screen glass will I need to get one of these diagnostic plug in things? As for the Xenon lights, I dont have them either

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers Bikus, Are you gone to try to switch the screen activation when you connect to Diagnostics reader?For the option on rear screen glass will I need to get one of these diagnostic plug in things? As for the Xenon lights, I dont have them either
Well, after 10 months I've managed to get some time for my self to play with my car and diagbox. You can not do anything related to boot screen in diagbox except disable/enable opening boot screen with key fob, maybe someone else can, I couldn't find anything else.

Regarding lights failure warnings, there are no warnings on facelift 407s. These two options obviously were making a lot of troubles in the past, so they decided to shut them down :)

However, there is something interesting in mirascript.
Page 24, line: "Boot perm locking" 0 or 1 disable boot open button, let only remote key working to open boot
http://mira308sw.altervista.org/software/MIRASCRIPT_EN_v03.60.pdf
If someone try this before me, please let us know is this related to boot or to boot screen opening?

Rgds

1 - 14 of 14 Posts