Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi

I had both my flaps changed to the new ones a couple of years back, but now there's a new fault where I get cold air out of the driver side unless I set the temp to Min when I get warm - so obviously the flap is moving. Passenger side works normally.
Any ideas how to reset appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion - I'll have a look at the weekend. Is there one temp sensor for each side, or just the one?

I saw on one of the C5 forums (same heater box) that someone puts the original flap problem down to the heater box distorting and causing the flaps the bind - the spindle is the weakest spot.

I was wondering if now that I have the "uprated" flaps, the next weakest spot is the plastic cog on the motor which mates with the flap end. Apparently Citreon came out first with motors with brass cogs, and then ones with a longer toothed plastic spine for when the flap end gets chewed. The C5 motors look the same as ours, but I'm not certain.

I'm wondering if the teeth have been chewed and the motor has slipped round so its at the wrong angle to the flap.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
There's just the one cabin temperature sensor AFAIK.
Although, for the dual zone, one would anticipate there being one for each zone.

Indeed the flaps have been redesigned with extra plastic joining the flap to the shaft.

It'll be the same in C5s and C6s, and maybe more.

On 307s the gear at the end of the shaft strips. There is a repair kit that consistes of a new gear to fit over the old one and a spacer to reposition the motor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.

I'll update when I get the the bottom of it.

I found mounted on the lid of the passenger glove-box there is something that rotates, not sure what that is - presumably part of the heating system. when I rotated it there was a lot of whirring noises - I'm not sure how that should be set/left.

Got distracted yesterday failing to remove rear wiper arm. Annoying, as I had managed it a couple of years back when I unseized the spindle (long job with much hammer work). Wish I had changed the arm at the same time.

Also failed to get radio out as my T10 wouldn't go through the small holes - I wanted to remove display and upper vent to have a look at the flaps. will try again next week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update on this: I got the local garage to check the Diags for me, and they got an error code U 3702 interior passenger side humidity sensor, which wouldn't clear.

I removed the sensor and blew out a lot of dust, and replaced it. Not sure if its OK or not, no visible problem - seems they are a bit hard to come by.

Anyway, it seems to be working better this morning, I can get warm air out now on the drivers side with the fan on, so I'm fairly happy that the flaps are OK.

I don't know if the error code has cleared - I will get the garage to re-check next time I'm in - they did the reading for free, so I don't want to push my luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts