Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would put this thread in the 407 section but need urgent replies.( MOD NOTE:: IVE MOVED IT TO THE 407 SECTION)

I took my Pug to the local garage after various codes were found.
They replaced the EGR valve and MAF sensor, fixing 2 of the 4 errors. However, now there is ESP ASR fault. Some how they have broken this or failed to connect a cable or something... I hope its the latter

I have looked through this forum and other have fixed this by replacing break peddle sensor, fuse box, abs pump, abs sensors in or near the wheels. To many options or things to replace, especially considering this only happened after the replacement of the EGR valve

Whats worse is they don't have an idea what the problem is and continue to blame the problem on it being French Crap.

I did notice also how the boot break light continues to glow even after locking the car.

A full list of my car can be found on this thread. http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/308-44/decode-my-car-vin-number-31278/index3.html

original error codes http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/407-41/error-codes-p1350-p1351-p1462-p0100-123233/

update: there is no communication with that part of the ecu code 001 hence why the engine management light is on consent.

really need help before tomorrow if possible

Attachments

·
5,087 Posts
first thing is to calm down :thumb:
add your location to your profile so people know where you are, second have a look on the planet owners map and get it read to see which sensor/s are at fault.
My guess is either an abs sensor or brakelight switch is causing the abs/esp fault.
as for the high level brakelight thats a new one for me but again planet might help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply I can't find where the abs sensor would be located so I can find the part number I assume the break switch is under or attached to the break peddle?

If the sensor had gone would this cause it not to communicate with the ecu?

·
5,087 Posts
There is an abs sensor on each wheel so you need to get it on planet or replace all 4 sensors and the switch is on passenger side on rhd models

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update...

Apparently the Planet is pointing to the ABS pump. (or more to the point can't communicate with it) Still not sure why the top tail light would be on constant and why the traction control would be effected. ESP fault?

Seems a bit of an odd thing for all these things to mess up after an EGR replacement?

any ideas

·
Registered
71 Posts
First of all look at the simple things first find more details about the break light switch. If this malfunctioning it can cause issues with ABS etc. Check the link below.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/407-41/407-brake-light-fault-17688/

But the PP2000 not communicationg with the ABS/ESP unit it does not mean your car is at wrong, it might be the PP2000 is a clone and cannot read 100% of all cars. Happens with mine sometimes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ahh!!!! that link will help no end, now I know what and where to look for..

I will have a look at that in the morning.

The garage states I will need to leave the car with them for 7-10days so they can remove the abs pump and send it to PEUGEOT 407 2.0 HDI ABS (PUMP & ECU/MODULE COMBINED) - Part No: 15710604 / GQ6004C010AFZ
they will remanufacture the pump! Apparently you can't just whip it out and install one off fleabay :(

Where is the best place to purchase this switch from anyone know?

·
5,087 Posts
lets go back to post #2 where abouts are you ??

·
Registered
71 Posts
If it was the ABS causing a problem then you should have the abs fault displayed as well. It does not make sense to have ESP problem and looking at the abs to sort it out.
If there is an engine malfunction the ESP will stop working because it cannot effectively moderate the torque in order to function.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
ABS and ESP are controlled by the ABS unit so both faults DO tend to go together

This fault is common on ALL Peugeots it may be the ABS unit but its more likely wiring of the underbonnet fusebox playing up as the ABS signals go through the fusebox it also powers the ABS unit

Fault codes do NOT always mean part reffered to is faulty.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ABS and ESP are controlled by the ABS unit so both faults DO tend to go together

This fault is common on ALL Peugeots it may be the ABS unit but its more likely wiring of the underbonnet fusebox playing up as the ABS signals go through the fusebox it also powers the ABS unit

Fault codes do NOT always mean part reffered to is faulty.
Have checked the break switch, that works and aligned ok, so I guess it is the wiring to the ABS unit. Just wondering how the garage managed to F*&K it up when they replaced the EGR valve??!!!

I assume if I was to get a new abs unit it would need to be configured to the car?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
5,087 Posts
every time ive had the 'ABS/ESP error its just been an Abs sensor. Has the car ACTUALLY been on planet or just a generic reader ??

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just to set a few things right....

Do you have the ABS light on the dashboard?
If not I would be inclined to think there is something wrong in the engine,
i.e. egr etc... rather than anything wrong with the ABS unit.

From what I have been reading you are not getting ABS fault but just an ESP fault am I right to think that?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is where I am confused and believe I am not getting the full information from the garage in question.

I don't have the ABS light on the dash but do have engine management light on.
When the ignition is switched on i get the ESP/ASR Fault followed by the Depollution System Faulty and then on the dash in the little centre screen I get flashes of ESP

According to the garage, their code readers had communication fault with engine management incorrect value received. X431 DIAG report launch Code001
So it was taken else where to be connected to Planet which return with ABS fault

They claim its not the sensors or brake switch but no communication with abs???

I am considering buying Planet or source someone local so I can actually see the faults/report.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I do not want to disapoint you ... but you have to find a different garage.
It is obvious they are not using a Peugeot Planet or Diagbox.

They should have codes for the EML light and codes for the Antipollution Fault as well.

I have the same problem with my C5 but I know the issue is with the particulate filter with my engine.

When there is a problem with EGR or DPF or anything.... related to that, even a MAF sensor can trigger the EML light.
The ESP cannot control the torque or the engine output while your engine is in limp mode.

Does your car go more than 80mph? does it feel sluggish? if not then you are in limp mode.

The ESP problem is just the end tale to your problem triggered by something else not the cause of your problem

If I was closer I would come to plug in my PP2000 on your car :(

Isn't there someone around chesterfield with PP2000 from the forum?

·
12,141 Posts
Yep, and searching would have found the answer days ago. Trem posted details about the Planet Map, which would have been found in moments. You've been a member a year so this shouldn't be new to you.

A search would have also recommended checking and cleaning the fuse for the ABS unit and the electrical connector to it too - two common problems why there's sometimes no communication with the ABS unit.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/#post529130

·
Registered
71 Posts
True Gibbo

But I am convinced his problem is not related to the ABS pump communication though he has Antipollution fault which disables the ESP.

I am just amazed with the garage to be honest. They totally bypassed the EML light , antipollution fault ... and they still focusing to ESP issues?
This would be the last to solve. The others have to be solved first.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts