Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was unfortunate enough to have my SW broken into recently - smashed rear window and emptied the boot. A witness said the alarm didn't go off, so after the repair I shut myself in the boot with the parcel shelf out, let the alarm set and sure enough, no amount of dancing around like an idiot would set the alarm off until I move towards the front seats! Tried it in three other SW's which we have at our works and same each time.
Local workshop couldn't help with any advice on improving alarm. Has anyone else realised they have no alarm in the rear of their SW?
If anyone knows of any way to upgrade the alarm so that it detects movement in the rear of the vehicle I'd be grateful for any info.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I too have a 407 SW and was worried about carrying stuff in the boot due to the split function rear window( which I never use) The glass section is very flimsy and considering they go to the trouble of fitting door side windows made out of extra strong laminated glass why isnt the tailgate glass made of the same stuff? Bring back normal tailgates!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
An upgrade alarm will help, with a shock and glass breakage sensor. It will operate on the central locking system and will operate with the same peugeot system but with the exception of being independant from the peugeot system. You don't need to install the immobilisers just connect the central locking 2 wires to the alarm inputs and the system will detect any movements etc, it's very easy to do all you need to do is locate the fuse box and the central locking lines and a constant 12volt power source.:thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts