Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 56 plate 2.2hdi 170bhp sw, ive had it from new and it has no service history since 40k, its been in storage for approx. 2 years and has had light use mainly towing over the last fortnight. I have replaced the fuel and air filters but I am only getting 36mpg, and that's driving it gently and economically.

any ideas what can be causing such poor economy?

the range indicator says 458 miles to empty, normally it would be 700 miles+ on a tank, it started at 330 miles and graduallyc rept up to 458. a 70 mile trip today on good roads has used approx. 1/8 of a tank

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I've averaged 47mpg over the last 12 months (brim-to-brim) and I reckon on 600 miles to a tank (500 if it's all commutes of 10 miles each way, 800 on a motorway run if my clog isn't too heavy).

·
5,027 Posts
my 407 just did 250 round trip on motorway achieving 53.9 south and 46.7 north. Is it really uphill going north :rolleyes:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ouch.

I'm averaging 50 to 55 mpg with my 2.0 hdi

You say that you have been driving gently after laying the car up for a couple of years.
Have you tried a traditional Italian Tune Up and giving it a good long blast on the motorway?
You also might want to check your brakes are not sticking. Go for a drive and then stop gently (no hard braking). Put your hand carefully on the wheel or caliper and see if one or more are red hot. If it's hot that's a good sign of sticking.
Another way of checking is to jack the wheels and see if they turn freely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts