Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know 407owners has been suffering for the past few weeks with a virus threat, i was getting a warning from AVG about malware everytime i visited but was assured by the Mod's IE Deadmansfinger who himself was assured by site owner Geoffp that all was well with the site and it would be sorted.
Despite repated requests from Deadmansfinger to the owner nothing was done and a couple of days ago Deadmansfinger himself got a suspected virus from 407owners and very kindly sent me a message via facebook about it.
I myself have not tried to revisit the site until i am assured that its safe to do so, i'm in contact with deadmansfinger on facebook and it appears not much is being done about it, oh i also have Geoffp as a friend but no replies from him to me either.

So if people cant logon either the site is down for repair or and i really hope not its gone forever

·
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be fair until about 12 months ago it was a thriving site with lots of daily posts,BUT things changed and it got very slow after that

·
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
682 Posts
And i know its only £10 but since i joined ive found that very few people actually reply to anything and that information is a lot more freely avaialable on here so i wont be subscribing again.

C

·
0 Posts
Just to remind everyone that as it's about a year since we needed to start subscribing to 407owners, I've just checked my paypal account and the payment is set to a recurring yearly payment.

So if the site has gone (as I see it's still down) you may want to check your accounts.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Have to agree its one of the sites I found when I first got my 407.... I'm in the IT business so spend alot of time researching online etc and to find a couple of sites that charged subscription to get forum information was quite a shock!
This site shines far above the others in friendliness and helpfulness! It's no wonder the other died!
I do alot of digital artwork as well and happily share my knowledge of photoshop and pc systems for free... To me knowledge is for sharing and bettering those around you...I'd never dream of entering a forum and then charging for my knowledge....
A community like a forum thrives on people sharing like minded knowledge, and in that manner all benefit from the accumulated resource! Charging for it simply limits the process....and there are many other ways of financing a forum anyway.

·
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still down. Be sticking to here in future
Site owner has taken it down to sort it.I will be going back as soon as its up and running and trying to get it back to the friendly site it used to be, with the banter and craic that was in abundance pre membership fee's

C

·
0 Posts
Site owner has taken it down to sort it.I will be going back as soon as its up and running and trying to get it back to the friendly site it used to be, with the banter and craic that was in abundance pre membership fee's
Might just be me but you would have expected the site owner to let members especially the paid up ones know the site was going down and for roughly how long for.

Because as far as I see it if it wasn't for the work put in by risky, dmf and those of us who regularly use the site it would have died a year ago!!!!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Someone needs to start a new less techy site up where you can just go and have a laugh as its just plain boring on there hence nobody visiting. Of all the car sites i go on 407owners is the most dead and also the most formal.

You need a site with basic sections that cover everything.

Things like

Members Cars

General 407 Discussion
Image Lounge
Meetings
Off Topic Lounge
407 Technical
General Technical

Cars for sale
Parts for sale
Wanted

Simple and easy is the way forward and i find sites like this have the most users

·
Registered
682 Posts
It'll never happen whilst someones scamming a tenner off everyone whilst doing very little to make the place interesting

·
Registered
682 Posts
Like here :lol:

Don`t know if i`m biased but this in my opinion is the best Peugeot forum :thumb:
Never been a fan of 'brand' sites personally. Model specific is the right way if done correctly. Besides all the 407 section is is a technical page where people ask for answers to problems. Theres no real '407' community thing here, just a few regular users.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts