Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been under my 407 over the weekend. Before the MOT I suspected that my front droplinks were knocking before i found it was actually the ball joints. Id already purchased the drop links from fleabay both sides £15 good deal that were. So this weekend I decided to fit them and the ones I took off the joints were very loose as opposed to the new ones. Now that the Ball joints and droplinks have been changed the cars suspension is very quiet think ive made significant progress with my knocks and rattles at the front end.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Newspaperman said:
Been under my 407 over the weekend. Before the MOT I suspected that my front droplinks were knocking before i found it was actually the ball joints. Id already purchased the drop links from fleabay both sides £15 good deal that were. So this weekend I decided to fit them and the ones I took off the joints were very loose as opposed to the new ones. Now that the Ball joints and droplinks have been changed the cars suspension is very quiet think ive made significant progress with my knocks and rattles at the front end.
well done mate... the stealers would have charged a fair fortune for the job.. lol

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well its finally clocked over 140k miles time for a cambelt change. The cars going in on Saturday morning to be done. I have a friend who will change the belt for £100 Im also swapping the Water pump dont want to have that go on me when ive just had the belt done.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Am I a lucky guy or what? Had the cambelt done at the weekend the Engineer fixing my car called me during the rebuild he told me that the cambelt tensioner was held on finger tight it more or less fell off in his hand. This could of been quite serious if it had failed and loosened. He thought there could have been a problem with the existing bolt threads and put a slightly longer bolt in to hold the tensioner. I inspected the belt I could still see the belt markings on the smooth side of the belt and only observed a slight hairline crack or split developing in one of the teeth on the belt. I suppose it was due to be done but I reckon on this occasion I was quite lucky indeed!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought a 130k mile SW in November. Cambelt had never been changed so dealer called Peugeot and they said it's a life long belt, and doesnt need changing until 160k miles.

I didnt trust them, (would they cough up if it split before 160k - not a chance!!), so had it changed as soon as I could, (water pump as well). Cost £290.

Your experience proves the point.

Cheers

Richard

D

·
0 Posts
richard10002 said:
I bought a 130k mile SW in November. Cambelt had never been changed so dealer called Peugeot and they said it's a life long belt, and doesnt need changing until 160k miles.

I didnt trust them, (would they cough up if it split before 160k - not a chance!!), so had it changed as soon as I could, (water pump as well). Cost £290.

Your experience proves the point.

Cheers

Richard
What engine?
If 1.6hdi, then it has a belt interval of 240,000kms. The dealer is right.

·
Registered
15 Posts
2.0hdi . I didnt really doubt that this is what Peugeot say, but I dont think they would warrant it in any way, thus I, (and many others), dont seem prepared to trust them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts