Peugeot Forums banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts
A little off topic but i bought a 307 XSI HDI from copart this week it was described as fire damaged paid 200 plus fees made it 290 total i went to collect it the burnt bit was a plastic pipe that covers the glowplug wires !!
jump leads pumped up 2 tyres and drove it home :)

It has no faults 157k miles but runs and drives great mot till january it even has a working sat nav !!

regardless of the miles thats a bargain

Discussion starter · #45 ·
Other than finding a known good fuse box it they any other troubleshooting that j could try before spending more money on a replacement fuse box?

Other than finding a known good fuse box it they any other troubleshooting that j could try before spending more money on a replacement fuse box?
after trying to start turn off leaving key in ignition and open the driver’s door, does the car beep to say the key is in the ignition?

I still think you have a earth not connected or multi plugs incorrectly fitted etc

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #50 ·
I'm hoping it's something stupid too, I'm just getting a little disheartened by it now and the longer it drags on the more I just want to get rid but then on the other hand I know it will be a nice car it I can sort it.

Discussion starter · #51 ·
Well.............

After stripping the head down, AGAIN, and putting it all back together......

IT LIVES!!!!!

However, upon driving it from the lockup to the house, took it to 3,000 RPM and it went into limp mode and lost boost so it is still not right. No more black smoke though, so that's a plus.

I parked it in the backyard and will update you all on any codes once I get a minute to plug PP in.

Discussion starter · #52 ·
OK, so I have had some time to plug Planet into the patient and the results are as follow:

The following shows the codes before starting the engine:

I successfully cleared the codes, started the car and took it for a drive, no power and had to increase revs just to pull away, after the drive I got these codes:

I cleared the codes again and turned it off for a few minutes, went back to start it and got the following codes:

See next post:

disconnect the maf and take it for a spin if it runs better the try clean the maf if cleaning it dont work then you need a new maf

try disconnect egr and then see how it runs if it runs better you need to sort egr

check the cam sensor and wiring to the sensor

only try one thing at once

Discussion starter · #55 ·
Thanks for the reply Trustme.

I gave the wiring to the cam sensor a wiggle and a push and it started, disconnected the MAF and it drives EVER SO SLIGHTLY better, hardly noticable though.

I'll unplug the EGR and take it for a drive when I get a chance and report back

Discussion starter · #57 ·
Thanks reliable406, I played with the wires and if started, I'll remove the sensor and give it a good clean when I have more time, same goes for unplugging the EGR and taking it around the block.

I'll report back as soon as I have an update

Could your fuel pump be keyed to the timing and out of sync when you put it back? As has been pointed out your injectors may not be firing. I know on the Clio DCIs the injectors dont open until the fuel rail reaches 600bar during cranking. Of course entirely different system on a different car, maybe a dealership can advise on rail pressures.

The only other possibility I can think of is you've hydrauliced the engine when you've filled the cylinders with diesel if your timing was out. Could have bent conrods, sometimes difficult to spot.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.