Peugeot Forums banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts
I bought a Cat C 2009 Clio 6 months ago, wouldn't start despite airbag light extinguishing, using Clip determined no impact detected, cleared codes, all ecu's and CAN network say we're OK but still won't go!
Eventually got a wiring diagram from a forum member and swopped the injection relay in the UPC for the adjacent heated rear screen relay and it burst into life. Think the problem was down to lack of use sitting in the outside in the salvage yard and Copart.
As your car has been standing so long I wonder if this could be the cause of her not starting.
Get some one else to turn the key while you tap the engine fusebox and ecu and wiggle the wiring to try and trace any poor connection. Would be worth getting a noid lamp to confirm injectors are firing.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #23 ·
I bought a Cat C 2009 Clio 6 months ago, wouldn't start despite airbag light extinguishing, using Clip determined no impact detected, cleared codes, all ecu's and CAN network say we're OK but still won't go!
Eventually got a wiring diagram from a forum member and swopped the injection relay in the UPC for the adjacent heated rear screen relay and it burst into life. Think the problem was down to lack of use sitting in the outside in the salvage yard and Copart.
As your car has been standing so long I wonder if this could be the cause of her not starting.
Get some one else to turn the key while you tap the engine fusebox and ecu and wiggle the wiring to try and trace any poor connection. Would be worth getting a noid lamp to confirm injectors are firing.
I'm looking at Copart at the moment :)

Going by the correction figures i would be confident to say the injectors are NOT firing as they are at rest figures
I thought this but thought it might just be due to it cranking and would not register correction figure until it actually started but if that is not the case, i'll investigate further.

It's not going to be for a couple of days as I am back at work for 2 day shifts so can't look at this again until Friday but I will keep you informed.

Mind yourself at Copart, it's easy to loose your shirt. Prior to the Clio I bought I looked at the same model that looked absolutely fine save for a crease just behind the rear window. I went to see it and discovered that the bumper was held on with tie wraps as the crumpled rear end had not been pulled out just a replacement tailgate and bumper fitted. It had the yard staff at Copart fooled who had described the car as having all over damage. Once we discovered the true extent the auction was halted and restarted with the car properly described.
Main problem is you can't see who is selling the car, the only way to find out is to ring the branch who will usually tell you whether it is an insurance co or private seller.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
I've heard similar. Also been told they can be 'creative' with the pictures. I don't have an account but my mate does and he has given me a run down of some pit falls.

You just need to know what your looking at i have only ever had 1 bad buy but even then it was just a case of it had more wrong than i had expected the biggest issue some fall foul of is the buyer fees they can add a lot to the final price :)

Discussion starter · #30 ·
I've made note of the buyer fee's and always keep them in mind. I also tend to put my max bid in and don't watch the auction, if I did I would end up bidding more than I wanted to or even more than it was worth :grinning:

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Well the Noid Lights arrived so I checked the injectors, 2 of them anyway, and looks like there is no pulse as the noid light does not flash.

So my next question is, where is the injector relay?

After the relay, what else would you recommend to check?

The battery seemed a little low again so I am going to take it and get it tested, It's still under guarantee so will get a new one if it's goosed.

Cheers

As stated in an earlier post injectors will not be triggered by ECU below around 200 rpm and 250 bar fuel pressure. Based on your screen shots cranking speed is to low for injectors to be triggered

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Ok, so I got the batty checked and they replaced it after a little negotiating.

Put the new battery on and it spins a little faster, still does not fire though. I had PP plugged in and it was spinning between 250-300 rpm, still no joy, plugged the noid light in and no light so looks like the injectors are not getting a pulse.

Time to try the injector relay once I identify which one it is :lol:

There is NO injector relay the power for the injectors comes directly from the ecu but that does NOT mean the ecu is faulty it means a power feed to the ecu is missing most likely

Discussion starter · #36 · (Edited)
B**gger, that's all I need. sounds like more large sums of money for ECU testing :mad: :eek:

I do remember that when connecting the injector pipes, I was having access issues so climbed onto the edge of the passenger wing and knelt on the battery with one knee and the fuse box with the other, I heard a crack sound, like plastic cracking but thought it was just the lid of the fuse box flexing or locating itself properly, maybe I damaged something, I did have a look after I climbed down but couldn't see anything. I would have thought I would have taken more than that to cause any damage to the ECU as it's a metal case.

I'll maybe take the ECU out and check the whole of the fuse box properly.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.