Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im wondering if someone can help please, i need to fit a connector to the washer pipe as someone has done a bodge job on a repair, but im not sure if the internal diameter is 3mm or 4mm. Any advise would be helpful please.

·
2,582 Posts
Hi.....welcome to the forum...I've moved you question to the correct forum ...(its not a site issue)...any way....some one willl pop along soon with the right answer...good luck and welcome again

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Is it repaired where it winds round the bonnet hinge? Common place to fail.

Replacement pipe from Peugeot is, IIRC, about £20. Part number 6439 A1.
I'm told it can all be accessed by removing the wheel arch liner.
But my bodge has held for over a year now...

·
Registered
812 Posts
Mine failed there twice..... previous owner used caulk and office sellotape :nono:

I bought the £10 pipe, bit of self adhesive shrink and a barbed connector. Glued the barbed connector on with epoxy, plenty of it around the outside, slipped on the self adhesive shrink around it, and shrunk it on. Looks totally OEM, clean and no leaks for the last 2 years. I couldn;t be bothered to remove the wheel arch liner and trace it back as I am lazy etc etc :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK so i bought a 4mm pipe connector for 99p - that fits great but the problem is still the same, water dribbles out of the washer jets and down the bonnet, dont suppose anyone has any ideas please.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts