Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I have a 2007 Peugeot 407 SW 2 litre diesel that has done 105,000 miles.
I have owned this car for 15 months. Shortly after I bought it I was driving when the emission control warning light came on. I returned to where I bought the car and they replaced filters and cured the problem.
Last Christmas I was driving when I received messages that there was an ESP
fault, an ABS fault and an engine fault that needed repair, together with the
associated warning lights. I had the car computer checked and the diagnostics found no problems. The lights and faults were not showing. The same thing happened a couple of days later, and again the warnings etc went away the next day.
A couple of weeks ago the warnings etc reappeared, but in this case they did not go away. I had the car diagnosed again and they found that a rear wheel sensor was at fault. The sensor was replaced and the faults again went away. Yesterday, however, as I pulled into a parking place at our local supermarket the faults and warning lights reappeared and the engine died. When I returned to the car after about 10 minutes, it started with no problem and with no warnings or lights.
Today I had the warnings and lights again, together with a message that there was an oil pressure fault and to stop the engine. The engine then died. I restarted with no problems and no warnings. I drove for approx 300 yards and had the warnings and lights again, together with the engine dying. Again I restarted and drove home with no warnings or lights.
The startup checks say all is OK.
Can anyone advise me on what may be the problem ?
Any advice gratefully received.
TIA

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
407s (and other cars that are the same such as the Citroen C5 and C6) are well known for eating ABS sensors.

(Those of us with delicate office-working hands that aren't to be trusted with spanners simply splice a new sensor onto the existing cable rather than dropping the fuel tank to pull the cable through.)

You seem to have a separate and unrelated problem with the cut-outs.

Ideally, get PeugeotPlanet / Diagbox (dealer diagnostic) on it to find out exactly what it's complaining about.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts