Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

First time post and not owned a Peugeot for 20 years+..!

Went to look at a 2007 407 SW 2.0HDI - the 130BHP model I believe. Good condition, good price. Has had clutch and flywheel done and reasonable service history. All the electrics appeared to work. Two things that worry me.

1) The car fired up first time, ticks over lovely and revs freely with no smoke BUT the DPF warning came on the dash and centre console display. Owner is an elderly gentleman and the car has done less than 200 miles on short trips since its MOT last October. I couldn't take it for a blast as its SORN so no insurance to drive it. I'm hoping a few good runs on the motorway might clear it but if not, what are the potential issues?

2) No remote locking fob. Only has one key (I assume the original spare) which operates the central locking on the door lock and ignition but no remote fob. How much to purchase?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi all

First time post and not owned a Peugeot for 20 years+..!

Went to look at a 2007 407 SW 2.0HDI - the 130BHP model I believe. Good condition, good price. Has had clutch and flywheel done and reasonable service history. All the electrics appeared to work. Two things that worry me.

1) The car fired up first time, ticks over lovely and revs freely with no smoke BUT the DPF warning came on the dash and centre console display. Owner is an elderly gentleman and the car has done less than 200 miles on short trips since its MOT last October. I couldn't take it for a blast as its SORN so no insurance to drive it. I'm hoping a few good runs on the motorway might clear it but if not, what are the potential issues?

2) No remote locking fob. Only has one key (I assume the original spare) which operates the central locking on the door lock and ignition but no remote fob. How much to purchase?

Many thanks.
Buy defenitly.
Get the faults read out. It is most likely the PF that is bloked.
But take it for a test drive on the motorway 3 gear 4000rpm for 20 min.
It is a good dependable motor

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I kind of made my mind up as its a lovely motor and looks well looked after. Any idea on a remote fob price?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks. I kind of made my mind up as its a lovely motor and looks well looked after. Any idea on a remote fob price?
If the keycard is there. It is a little creditcard sized card with four digits. Then a new key is a couple of £ on Ebay. All you need is somebody with Lexia to code it.
If the keycard is missing a new key is around £ 200.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The security codes required for a replacement key are not really an issue - any Peugeot main dealer can supply them.

You just need to take in:

Proof of ownership for the vehicle V5C registration document - once it turns up.

Your photo id ( photocard driving licence or passport )

You could also try this forum user for helping you with a replacement key.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Most likely one of two issues, DPF is blocked or DPF fluid needs refilling. Replacing DPF filter is EASY as it's right underneath the car. DPF fluid is a bit more involving but still do-able easily enough.

Most likely though, it is warning you to take it on the motorway to clear the DPF. Mine regenerates around once every 500 miles. But with short trips, that would be lower, significantly lower!

·
12,147 Posts
Get a new DPF from CATS2U.

But ideally I'd get a Planet diagnostic to make sure the other components needed for a regen are working.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts