Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the biggest size rims that can be fitted to a 407 V6 Petrol 3L, without causing any rubbing on arches. I currently have stock 'qasar' (I think that's what they're called by Peugeot) 17 inch rims.
I'm thinking of going up to 18's or 19's maybe 20's (but probably not 20's) once I've saved up enough money. I've seen some pics, like the ones below, on google images of 407's with big rims and really like the look, and, I need some advice on sizes of rims and tyres please. :confused:

Around the neighborhood 9 20 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

2006 Peugeot 407 Coupe - Picture 96183 - Top Speed
(I know this one is computerised and not real but something close to this look would be great)

C

·
0 Posts
Think Lazy Dave on here and 407owners runs his 407 saloon on rcz 19's and has for a while now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 'CAB' have spoken to lazy_dave by PM. He's advised me what I need to know.

if anyone comes by this thread in future and wants to know how I got on or what I was told just PM me and ill be happy to help.

Think Lazy Dave on here and 407owners runs his 407 saloon on rcz 19's and has for a while now.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
It's not my coupe,but yeah it's lowered by 30mm. I plan on doing something similar when I have my coupe finally paid off. I am running 18s at the mo. I am thinking of 19s but then I will always wonder what the 20s would have looked like;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not my coupe,but yeah it's lowered by 30mm. I plan on doing something similar when I have my coupe finally paid off. I am running 18s at the mo. I am thinking of 19s but then I will always wonder what the 20s would have looked like;)
My dilemma precisely. I wondered why there wasn't any photos in your album with those rims, that explains it.

The only thing for me, is, I don't really want to lower it as I have the sport suspension on my v6 and not sure if that will mess up the CPU and be costly, but on the other hand will it look silly with 20's but not lowered, I.e, like a bloody off roader.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is the calculations

235/40/19=26.4 inches
235/35/20=26.5 inches

So they are nearly exact
Ok. I get ya. That sounds like a plan. If I was to fit different springs if I decided to lower it, do you know if it would make a difference to the sport suspension in the CPU, or would that have to be deactivated in the CPU.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Not sure about lowering a adjustable suspension. Those alloys are from Germany but can't remember the name. Try wheelbase and eBay Germany .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts