Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 407 2.0HDi on occassion has an unresponsive throttle, driving along my revs drop to idle, the accelerator pedal does nothing. If I switch off and back on, same problem. A few seconds later, the throttle seems to begin working again.

Any ideas as to cause?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
This just got worse, the last time I took it out, it happened about 6 times, mainly happens when the revs drop to idle. Often it is accompanied by a DPF fault on the display.

I tried to run Diagbox but the software isn't able to communicate with the BSI correctly and will not read the VIN. This worked correctly when I tried a few months ago.

f I manually populate the VIN it will communicate correctly with the ABS computer and the Power Steering but the ECU it can read codes from, but is unable to detect the ECU model. Everything else comes up as no communication.

I cleared the codes which related to EGR and a new BSI communication fault code appeared. There is no rough running so I am led to believe it is electrical rather than a physical blockage or mechanical problem.

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, but the situation is still the same, any advice?

Can somebody advise of the location of the ECU and its pinouts? I'm trying to locate the wiring from the throttle back to the ECU.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Would help if you gave your vin and rpo as there are multiple variables with the 407 (engine type etc..), and wiring diagrams change from model to model.

·
3,000 Posts
Hi...I know it may be a long shot but have you ,or thought of trying a replacement pedal ..only £10-£15 on egay,,may save you disconecting other stuf and introducing a new fault...good luck and keep us posted..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking for wiring diagram between throttle pedal and ECU, ECU pin locations/numbers.

PRODUCT TYPE CAR
COMMERCIAL MARQUE/COMPONENT TYPE PEUGEOT
VEHICLE FAMILY 407
SILHOUETTE 4 DOOR SALOON
ENGINE DIESEL TURBO DW10BTED4 FAP
TRANSMISSION BVM6
GEARBOX (CHARACTERISTICS) BVM ML6 CL
ENGINE (TYPE) EW/DW

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Its unlikely to be the pedal itself to be honest as there are 2 sections in the pedal and both would need to be faulty which is unlikely.

Sounds like Egr valve sticking open to be honest

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like Egr valve sticking open to be honest
What makes you say that.

Looking for wiring diagram between throttle pedal and ECU, ECU pin locations/numbers.

PRODUCT TYPE CAR
COMMERCIAL MARQUE/COMPONENT TYPE PEUGEOT
VEHICLE FAMILY 407
SILHOUETTE 4 DOOR SALOON
ENGINE DIESEL TURBO DW10BTED4 FAP
TRANSMISSION BVM6
GEARBOX (CHARACTERISTICS) BVM ML6 CL
ENGINE (TYPE) EW/DW

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I traced the wires back to the right-most plug on the ECU. Blue turns to green, so I guess there's a junction somewhere. The impedence is low on all of the lines but since there's a junction I worry that the intermittent fault could be caused by a bad joint.

Oddly enough, I'm not able to measure any impedences or voltages from the pins when the throttle pedal is adjusted and I have read to the contrary.

Still after those wiring diagrams if anyone can supply....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My cable was goosed. I ordered a new one and it says:

P0227 Accelerator pedal track 2 signal : Short circuit to earth.

Changed the pedal and same fault.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
No but the basic wiring is the same on most peugeots nowadays and the wires are numbered so its a case of finding the numbers printed not the colours of the wires if it says short to earth then the wiring is probably rubbing on bodywork somewhere

1 - 16 of 16 Posts