Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
two reasons..

1- caused sometimes, when the tyre is being repaired and away from the car for a while which causes it to loose the pair..

2- sensor usually becomes defaulty after 1-2 years.. and gives a similar error..

either way, if you take it to Peugeot they are gonna say that they are gubbed and you need another one.. £54 plus vat, plus 1 hours labour to re-programme/pair them, £5 to balance the wheel again.. not a good idea..

I would personally get them switched off.. which I have done as they are sore head and give you more hassle.. they can be switched off by PSA daig.. takes less than couple of minutes..

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
sorry been working away.. did you get it sorted mate ??? I have replied to your other post re: PSA diag

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does that mean that when I get my punctured tyre replaced and re-fit the wheel the monitors wont work without going on a diagnostic??? Thats madness if so!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well i just had two new tyres fittes (215/55/17 Goodyear Excellence) and the tyre pressure monitors are working perfectly despite the front right wheel having been in the boot for 11 days.

·
Registered
862 Posts
jameshobiecat said:
Does that mean that when I get my punctured tyre replaced and re-fit the wheel the monitors wont work without going on a diagnostic??? Thats madness if so!

Thats pretty much the case,unless you get lucky,you gotta love Pugs. :nono:

·
Registered
12 Posts
chealy said:
407 tyre pressure not moniterd any ideas comes on regular can it be stopped
The wheel sensor is not programmed. Each wheel must be put back where it came off from as the wheels cannot be moved back to front or side to side If changing tyre. If a wheel is changed and not put back where it came off originally then the computer will not monitor all four wheel pressure problems.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Actually, a lot depends on what generation of TPMS system is installed on your car. If it is 1st generation, similar to those used on old 607, tire pressure may not be monitored if you accidently swap wheels from one side of the car to the other. If its 3rd generation, from current Peug models, the system can remeber 2 sets and a spare, and no reprogramming is required after you mend the tire or rotate wheels.:thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem in my Peugeot 407 (55 plate).
Had new tyres fitted on all wheels and now get the warning message saying type pressures are not monitored.

Can it simply be that the when the wheels were taken off the car for the tyre fitting, they were put back in different positions?

If I swap the wheels around to their original positions will the tyre pressure monitoring work again? Or is that just wishful thinking?

G

·
fizz126 said:

Can it simply be that the when the wheels were taken off the car for the tyre fitting, they were put back in different positions?
Almost certainly. Get the dealer to reprogram them and it should be sorted.

Failing that, they've damaged one of the sensors.

I'm having 4 new tyres on Monday and I'm telling them well ahead of time its got sensors, and I'm watching them like a hawk.

·
Registered
70 Posts
First time this forum helped me was same problem. I had a leaking valve and Pug wanted £!£%$^& to use their Auto Money Extractor to sort it. I wanted to know if it was OK to just fit a standard valve and go back to checking the pressures manually, answer was yes, I've done that and no problem apart from computer regularly bleeping and whineing at me. Not worth turning it off.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi,
Last night, my tyre pressure light came on, but did not say which tyre...this morning, I went out to sort out the tyre [ the one I thought was most "down"]......but, as I switched on the ignition, a different message came up...."Control Pressure", the one with the pic of the car, with arrows pointing at each wheel.
Is that what this thread is about?....none of my wheels have been off my car since I got it in January.
Is it a faulty sensor, and should I just ignore it on start off?

Chers,

Cliff

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hi Cliff,
If you have over 37-38 psi pressure in each of the four tyres you
should be not have a low pressure warning been displayed...:confused:
If the pressure is correct then i guess there is a fault with the system.
You also have the option of getting the system disabled by planet..:)
Ron.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks Ron,
Put a little air in the front nearside one, the message left the screen then:D
What"s this "planet" that can disable some warnings etc?....does it have to be done by peugeot?

Cliff

·
Registered
503 Posts
Cliff Mc Ilwee said:
Thanks Ron,
Put a little air in the front nearside one, the message left the screen then:D
What"s this "planet" that can disable some warnings etc?....does it have to be done by peugeot?

Cliff
Hi Cliff,
Peugeot planet is the diagnostic equipment that the Peugeot main dealers use.
I bought it myself a few months ago...as the say "tis your only man"..:D
Here's a link for lexia 3 which comes with Planet & Citroens proxia.
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=lexia+3+&_sacat=See-All-Categories
Ron.

·
Registered
20 Posts
tyre pressure sensor not monitored message

Hi All,

first post on this forum, only got the car yesterday

couple of issues,

1, on display it shows up just after startup, "trye pressures not monitored"
stays on 10 - 15 seconds then goes out, stays off until next startup and then same thing again,

car failed its MOT yesteday before i got it, they replaced BOTH front Discs and brake pads,
drove the car home ( 48 miles) and only on arriving back in my home town did i encounter any issues,

firstly the above message came up, then a bigger picture of a flat tyre, obvious thing was to go and put some wind in the tyres whioch i did taking them to 2.6 bar as per the sticker on the door pillar,

that put the flat tyre pic out,

was playing in the car setup and wonder if i have inadvertantly turned off the pressure sensors?, is this a possible?

2, the car seems to have little power climbing hills despite being a 2 litre diesel, my last car a nissan note petrol auto had much more go in it,

most of the time the car seems ok and goes like stink on a motorway, is the lack of power a common thing or is it a possible problem?, this is my first diesel car,

any help would be welcome

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Get it on a pp2000 diagnostic machine and if you walk round your car you`ll probably notice that the wheels have rubber valve stems in at least one wheel , thats why the TPM system is warning you .

G

·
And the 2.0HDI doesn't suffer from lack of power.... they'll go like a train and far outweigh the performance of a petrol car for general use :nod:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts