Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi newbie I am probably posting wrong section but I cant post new thread somehow.

Anyway have 407sw 2.0 hdi, the car was blowing lots of smoke and pressure out of the oil filler cap, after a bit looking around I found the turbo shaft broke in half, would this be normal to do this, there is no smoke coming out of the exhaust just the filler cap, its got me puzzled, any help would be appreaciated.thanks

moved by mod

·
Registered
14,580 Posts
If the turbo shaft has broken then there will be pressure building up in the intake/exhaust as the turbo is blocking the flow and may be leaking oil into intake but the cause of the turbo failure would be my main worry your engine may have been badly serviced

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the turbo shaft has broken then there will be pressure building up in the intake/exhaust as the turbo is blocking the flow and may be leaking oil into intake but the cause of the turbo failure would be my main worry your engine may have been badly serviced
Thanks,i have only taken the air flow side off the turbo and you can feel that it is snapped,the question is would this cause excessive smoke from filler cap,i have checked all breathers and all seem fine,there is also quite a bit back pressure from filler cap,the oil is dirty but far from the worst i have seen,could it be possible the exhaust gasses is blowing back down turbo oil feed and causing this smoke and back pressure.any thoughts would be greatful thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts