Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am half way through replacing my blown turbo but have noticed that there is no gasket between the turbo and the manifold.
can anyone tell me is this normal or is it missing.
have searched ebay but cannot find one listed ??
cheers

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which side of the turbo??

All I can find is this...
thanks for the quick responce looking at the second picture towards the top of the turbo unit you will see where the turbo joins to the manifold with three bolts, should there be anexhaust type gasket between them.
thanks
mark

J

·
0 Posts
I did wonder if that was where you meant.... nothing stands out as being there, but will have a deeper look :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
What part of the exhaust actually connects on there though... looking at exhaust pics, these connect to the pipe on the left?

J

·
0 Posts
Can't find any diagram with any part connecting on to the top there - just exhaust pipe from exhaust on to the left, and pipe off to the right to the inlet. Nothing is shown as being connected to the top there :confused:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for that,it doesnt seem right to have no gasket .
cheers
mark
looking at the turbo unit you have the air intake on one side and the exhaust on the other but the top of the turbo actually bolts to the lower side of the exhaust manifold.
cheers
mark

J

·
0 Posts
So its just for support, there isn't actually a joint between two pipes. If its just for support, I doubt there would be a gasket.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So its just for support, there isn't actually a joint between two pipes. If its just for support, I doubt there would be a gasket.
it transpires that there is a gasket, aftermuch searching i have found that its called a downpipe gasket?.
thanks anyway.
:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Got a link?? Be interesting to see whether it is shown on the Peugeot drawings
no afraid no link i found it by searching garrett GT1749v turbo which is fitted to the 2.0 diesel.
mind youittookwell over an hour of searching to find it.
if you type in garrett gv1749v downpipe gasket it is listed by darkside developments.
cheers
mark

D

·
0 Posts
what is last eight numbers of chassis. I'll get you a definite answer.

J

·
0 Posts
If you can find it on servicebox David, you're doing well :)
Mine is the same car, but couldn't find any reference to any gasket going on top of the turbo - just the bolts that hold it in place.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts