Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, ive just joined this forum to try and get some help/understanding on my 1.6 110bhp hdi sw. apart from having a suspected ball joint failure and abs/esp or brake switch problem ive noticed sooting on the side casing of the turbo and surrounding area. performance wise everthing seems ok apart from an intermitant change in engine sound at low revs which sounds like the exhuast is blowing but clears when the turbo kicks in. i have no engine fault lights on any ideas please ? :confused:

·
5,071 Posts
think the soot is quite common on the 1.6's. Have a search on here theres bound to be a solution :nod::nod:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bettyswollocks the photo is exactly what i have around mine :nod: can i ask how long you have driven with it like that ? i first noticed mine about two months ago

J

·
0 Posts
You're lucky.... I can't even see the turbo on the 2.0.... tried as I wanted to check all pipes are securely fastened, but without a ramp, its impossible!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have exactly the same problem. I took the turbo off last week and as far as I could see there is no leak from the exhaust system. I have no idea why just the centre housing is sooted so sent the turbo back under warranty with a suspected internal seal problem. I got an email from them Friday saying

“As I thought, there is nothing wrong with the turbo. You have an oil related engine problem.”

I am yet to understand what is meant by this as I have not spoken with them directly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi folks, ive just joined this forum to try and get some help/understanding on my 1.6 110bhp hdi sw. apart from having a suspected ball joint failure and abs/esp or brake switch problem ive noticed sooting on the side casing of the turbo and surrounding area. performance wise everthing seems ok apart from an intermitant change in engine sound at low revs which sounds like the exhuast is blowing but clears when the turbo kicks in. i have no engine fault lights on any ideas please ? :confused:
hi, ive had exactly the same problem and it turned out to be two things, 1st was the egr valve which caused it to blow black smoke and the 2nd was the small red rubber seal on the air intake to the turbo, i changed both of these myself and hey presto runs spot on again, incidently i did have the turbo checked out and it was working fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bettyswollocks the photo is exactly what i have around mine :nod: can i ask how long you have driven with it like that ? i first noticed mine about two months ago
i get the same thing on mine and when i spoke to a peugeot technician he told me they all do it and not to worry.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i get the same thing on mine and when i spoke to a peugeot technician he told me they all do it and not to worry. The only thing ive noticed is that the red rubber seal on the turbo intake has splt twice this year so dont know if this has anything to do with it.

D

·
0 Posts
A new turbo to exhaust clamp will cure the problem.
There is info on it.
Post last eight of chassis number and I can get you part number of clamp.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hi, ive had exactly the same problem and it turned out to be two things, 1st was the egr valve which caused it to blow black smoke and the 2nd was the small red rubber seal on the air intake to the turbo, i changed both of these myself and hey presto runs spot on again, incidently i did have the turbo checked out and it was working fine.
had a good look at that seal earlier and as ar as i can tell its ok, one thing i have noticed is that the turbo "whistle" sound is louder than it was. Going to check the exhaust to turbo clamp next

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
how much was the replacement egr valve mate ?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts