Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my 407 SW m.o.t and service at local dealer he advised me possible need to replace both track rod ends in near future at a cost of £100 per side. Are they easy to do d.i.y is there anything i need to know. If anyone has a step by step guide i will do them myself before the bad weather comes back, thnkyou

·
5,087 Posts
are you 100% certain it was the track-rod ends he meant??? never heard of anyone having a problem with these yet but they look straightforward

the more common problem is the bottom ball-joints or "frip" as there known which is also an easy fix.
what are your symptoms ???

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
are you 100% certain it was the track-rod ends he meant??? never heard of anyone having a problem with these yet but they look straightforward

the more common problem is the bottom ball-joints or "frip" as there known which is also an easy fix.
what are your symptoms ???
Neil you can do my ball joints anytime :thumb: when ever you have time :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When i picked up the car he said there was a little play in the sterring rack ends (as he put it) the service girl said that the arms can be replaced without a full rack replacement at a cost of £100 per side.
Do they just screw in,is that it. I know to count the number of turns etc to try and get the same tracking.

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
When i picked up the car he said there was a little play in the sterring rack ends (as he put it) the service girl said that the arms can be replaced without a full rack replacement at a cost of £100 per side.
Do they just screw in,is that it. I know to count the number of turns etc to try and get the same tracking.
2nd opinion needed :nod:

·
5,087 Posts
£100 per side :eek:the parts are £17.10 per side, whereabouts are you. i'll do them for £80 a side :lol::lol:

Peugeot | Euro Car Parts UK

J

·
0 Posts
Don't forget, Pug charge £70-£80/hr labour, plus their parts are always more than what you can get them yourself for :thumb:

·
5,087 Posts
Don't forget, Pug charge £70-£80/hr labour, plus their parts are always more than what you can get them yourself for :thumb:
didnt get the impression it was main dealer, couldve been tho

·
5,087 Posts
I think in this case it was...

... so explains why they quoted £100/side
ok im wrong.....................i can live with that :nod::lol:

C

·
0 Posts
Plus 'sundries', plus VAT! But when it breaks, falls off, or otherwise crumbles you've got some comeback.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes it was an Arnold clark Peugeot branch in kilmarnock. I will telephone them to clarify what part they said, it may well be the drop links i dont know,but the girl said track rod arms i assumed it was the track rod ends.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts