Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchesed a 407sw. The suspension seems very hard and the radio often doesn't come on immediately thus rendering the reversing warning inoperative. Also the automatic lights occasionally don't go off even when comming back into bright sunshine.
Is it standard that the suspension is harder than I have come accross before, compared to my previous 406
Ant suggestions would be welcome. The only idea from the dealer when asked about the suspension was find someone with the same car and ask them!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
hard riding suspension

Re your query about the suspension on your 407sw I've got a 407 saloon and i find the ride quite hard as well especially going over potholes and poorly surfaced roads. One thing to consider is it's a french designed car and the roads in France are a 100% better than ours in fact imagine driving across a billiard table and you'd be pretty close. To be quite honest it's more a problem with our roads than with the suspension settings used by peugeot, drive one on a section of motorway that has been recently re-surfaced(not many around i know) and it's lovely and smooth also check your tyre pressure over inflated tyres will make the ride much worse, 36psi allround is recommended.:thumb:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Quite normal for the auto headlights to stay on delay, because peugeot uses an infrared diode as opposed to the standard light resistor which turns lights on and off eratically. Peugeot's sensor is imbeded with the rain sensor making it more effective than other manufacturers.

You raise a good point about the suspension, and all peugeot suspensions. In Australia all motoring publications have consistently criticised peugeot 07 range for it's poor road handling, something that has been addressed starting with the new 308. Hopefully!

Your stereo delay should have no bearing on the reversing system seems as though you need a diagnostic scan and software download to rectify that issue.:thumb: :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
peasy

Thanks
It looks like I will have to put up with the suspension, but I will get a diagnostic from the garage re radio and reverse warning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts