Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I hope this is in the correct area. Im thinking of buying a 407 sw. I want Diesel and Manual. Im not sure what the best engine is to go for 1.6 or 2.0 hdi. We go camping a lot and tow a trailer at approx. 5-600kg and have bikes on the roof. So what do you people recommend and also if im going to look at some what is best to look out for? any common problems?

·
Registered
240 Posts
mines a 2litre hdi....
avoid the 1.6 like the plague....no end of probs ,re turbo and sludge build up etc do a search.
a good idea to give your location in the margin under your name so local folks can help later:thumb:
welcome
neil

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hello. I hope this is in the correct area. Im thinking of buying a 407 sw. I want Diesel and Manual. Im not sure what the best engine is to go for 1.6 or 2.0 hdi. We go camping a lot and tow a trailer at approx. 5-600kg and have bikes on the roof. So what do you people recommend and also if im going to look at some what is best to look out for? any common problems?
For towing and the bike rack I would go for a 2.0 litre
Not just in a Peugeot in any car the pulling power is always better and the fuel economy is about the same when fully loaded with passengers & towing as it will pull better in the gears

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nickcc I am sorry but I had not seen that section until I re read the sections just after I posted this. But thanks for your help

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes Im also thinking the 2.0 hdi would be best. Do they do different outputs? Also is there and common problems to look out for?

·
Registered
35 Posts
2.0L HDI 136 would suit your needs.

For common problems you really need to read through a
few pages of this forum.
Dodgy electrics, heater flaps, EGR are a few
but so are most cars nowadays

1 - 8 of 8 Posts