Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Could anyone tell me what is causing the noise from 1 of the dash speakers??

Things I tried :
Checked all of the cables from the speaker & cleaned the connection.
Checked that it has the secure & good connection behind the cd player.
Swapped around for the working speaker but still the same.

I have RT3 with colour sat nav screen.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No, the sound is consistent an no difference when engine is getting reved.

No, I don't have jbl system. There's no amplifier in the boot or behind the glove box.

I've noticed If I connect a normal speaker it works fine. I believe the ones in dash are boosted?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Filtering capacitors in the headunit seem to be dried up. Can't help you any more I am afraid on that as that's as far as my knowledge goes.

Normal speaker can't reproduce the frequency of the tweeter hence why the problem seems to go.

The dash tweeters are simply connected to the door speakers, both run on the same circuit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You were right, the head unit output is damaged. Today I re-pinned the stereo, the front right door and dash speakers were connected to the rear drivers side speakers and it worked. Well, kind off.. I lost the Front and Rear volume controls.. But I can live with that.. At least the annoying sizzling noise have disappeared.

If it comes back, I will replace the output chip on the unit. I will upgrade to a better quality and option.

Also, I found out that it's an RT4 Unit even though label says RT3.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yep, the "RT4" is an "RT3EV" and an RT5 is a "RT4". French logic for you there!

If you find the pins for the front right speaker on the headunit, open it up and trace it back to the filtering capacitor, replace that and hopefully should be fine. If not, could be the actual amplifier chip inside... those are surprisingly cheap to replace too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts