Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

my wife's rear wiper on her 52 plate 407 SW has seized and I'm trying to get the cover off to have a look and see if I can do anything.

I've searched the forums for this and seen what I need to do but I just can't get the top cover off (Cover Glass - 6405 K4).

I've placed a flat bladed screwdriver into the hole on the underside of the lower housing and pushed hard and then tried sliding, wiggling, lifting, turning, prising etc but just can't get the cover to come off.

Am I missing a trick here?

Thanks.

C

·
0 Posts
Right just tried mine as it's been a while, 2mm Allen key to top of hole doesn't go in far then cover just pulls up (away from glass).

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right just tried mine as it's been a while, 2mm Allen key to top of hole doesn't go in far then cover just pulls up (away from glass).

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster

Lovely thanks I'll hopefully give that a go later.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to say that worked thank you.

Cover has been removed and the spindle is completely seized.

·
Registered
741 Posts
It's seized on mine too. Haven't got around to fixing it, managed to snap the wiper off trying to free it though.:lol:
Haven't had a rear wiper for a few months now, haven't really noticed it missing, it doesn't get that dirty.

·
Registered
38 Posts
having similar problem, not sure as to whether it needs to come off though, cant open screen with button underneath but it opens with remote on key and also rear demist not working do you think it may be broken wires?

·
Registered
111 Posts
rear wiper & flap button.

Hi guys had both problems on my 407sw resolved mine by getting a small wiper blade removal tool as my wiper was seized solid and found the wires in the switch housing were both damaged tried a repair by soldering in new wire but every time car was washed the flap would open by itself.I decided to disconnect it and use the remote only very rarely use the flap anyway.pete407sw:copcar:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts