Peugeot Forums banner

407 SW Large screen ( collour ) and Bluetooth upgrade

6K views 16 replies 3 participants last post by  AndyWest 
#1 ·
Hi, probably over the weekend ill become owner of nice 407 HDI SW... somehow i like the car and ive always dreamed about it:) ok.. the car comes with RD4 audio and normal display, i think the orange one... my future plan is upgrade to RT4 or RT3evo ( like the hdd inside ) but as ive mentioned,that is future plan..here comes the question.. does all rd4 plays mp3? the 407 sw is 09/05.I like the big collour screen, can i update the screen and still using rd4? do i have to somehow allow the screen in computer? also i would like to add factory bluetooth ( dont know if is it there already ). the factory bluetooth is quite cheap on ebay, mic for £17, unit for £38. I know the unit needs to be connected somewhere close to pedals and the mic is going to interior light,but again, do i have to code it somehow? just like to keep everything as from factory, no aftermarket... thank you all for help.

#7 ·
RT4 does not have bluetooth, it has a sim card slot.
AFAIK RT5 is the earliest large screen system with bluetooth.

The RT4 does play MP3, and you get them in by using an MP3 CD, since RT4 does not have USB.

If you're going to upgrade then go for RT5 which has bluetooth phone and USB.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.