Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how to repair a rear electric window . there is a cable attached to the arm that holds the glass in place and this goes to a motor inside the door panel . the cable appears to have come away from the motor . does anyone know where and how this cable attaches to the motor ?

·
Registered
128 Posts
electric windows

i have had to replace one on my front windows but they are the same on the back, you willprobably find like myself that it is very hard to to be able to get hold of the cable itself as most go out as a complete unit as noone wants the part left so they sell as a complete unit.
so i went to a breaker and brought complete unit for £40.
much easier than trying to replace fiddly cable.
mark

D

·
0 Posts
There are 3 t30 screws holding the motor onto the regulator. Remove all three and it'll slip off. Don't worry about the position it came off in. Just fit it back on when you've a new reg fitted.
Rear window reg problems very common on 407.

·
Registered
17 Posts
how to get the rear door card off

Hi,
can anybody advise me how to get the rear door card off. It seems that someone has had the same fault as me. Possible cable snapping. I dont want to force the panel in case i have missed a screw, thanks

·
5,071 Posts
does this help

·
Registered
682 Posts
If the cable has snapped then you will have to remove the regulator which is riveted on so these will need drilling out and replacing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
407 electric windows (rear offside)

Hi, managed to get the door card off and the cable has snapped. Can the cable be bought seperately and if possible who sells them,
regards,
KMi

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi, managed to get the door card off and the cable has snapped. Can the cable be bought seperately and if possible who sells them,
regards,
KMi
No it cant. You need a new regulator. Both the SW and saloon are the same as i found out when i recentely replaced one on mine. Then lock the rear windows so nobody can use them in the future!

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
My rear window has just done this. After a 12 hour shift at work I was most un impressed. Things were thrown and bad words spoken. Ive left it wedged up at the moment and Im going to bed! .

C

·
0 Posts
My rear window has just done this. After a 12 hour shift at work I was most un impressed. Things were thrown and bad words spoken. Ive left it wedged up at the moment and Im going to bed! .
It ain't a bad job to do like already mentioned an hour or two is all it'll take, think gsf are cheapest for a new one, I wouldn't fit 2nd hand as it's likely to fail alot sooner. Worst part taking door card off without breaking anything. Plus it's really annoying car isn't secure when this happens, not good when away from home:mad:.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
It ain't a bad job to do like already mentioned an hour or two is all it'll take, think gsf are cheapest for a new one, I wouldn't fit 2nd hand as it's likely to fail alot sooner. Worst part taking door card off without breaking anything. Plus it's really annoying car isn't secure when this happens, not good when away from home:mad:.
Luckily enough Ive got a decent drive so its been behind gates all day (while I've been snoring my bits off :D ), and we have an ok car park at work so I can keep an eye on it over night.
I'll have a nosey at GSF's website.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just had the same problem this morning :(
Dropped of the kids to school ,on the way back pressed the rear window instead of the front one and it wouldn't close.Tried a few times and got fed up with it.Also heard funny noise when closing.Took the door panel off and I can feel some wire partly parted.Somehow managed to pull the window fully close and put the motor back on.If it doesn't drop while driving then I'll put the door panel back on but without connecting the motor power supply so no one can ever open it again!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is it really?Which bit do u actually call the regulator, tho one at the bottom of the glass?U see I haven't got the right tools to rivet it back to place afterwards.Did you do this job yourself first time?At the moment I managed to close the window fully on put the motor back in so it holds it in position.I was going to leave it like this and not connect the motor power supply so it just stays there.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Theres limited space but it isn't really too bad.
You bit you remove are the runners and cable. My cable had started fraying and finally snapped, which made it drop down.
The new parts aren't too expensive either. I think I paid £38.
The one I fitted isnt a rivet fit. It's got bolts and Nyloc nuts.
ELECTRIC WINDOW MECHANISM - REAR RH 873PC0470
They've gone up a few quid.
The reel bit on the right goes at the top, near the switch and the metal runner bolts to the centre bit in your door and the glass sits in it.
I think :eek: Its a few months since I did mine!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts