Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I have a problem with 407 sw 2.0 hdi every 700 - 800 km it the fuel consumption rizes a bit and looses some torque/power (i feel bit of shaking & motor sounds a bit differently) while driving between 1500 - 2000 rpm steady driving... if i add more gas it accerlates normaly. This lasts about 20-30 km then its all normal again..:confused:

Have checked FAP filter - its clean & computer diagnostics doesnt show anything... had it tested twice...

Its 2005 model 136 HP. Anybody had similar problems?

Thx.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have had no problems like that so far on mine... I'm thinking it might be a fuel filter or something (a leaf or something) in the fuel tank. Try the fuel filter first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried... no luck... The mechanic said its probably injection nozzles... Must see how much €€ this will cost . :(

·
Registered
535 Posts
Partizan said:
Tried... no luck... The mechanic said its probably injection nozzles... Must see how much €€ this will cost . :(
Before you spend Millions of Euro, try a diesel injector cleaner fluid (STP or Redex) in the fuel tank - it often works wonders.

·
5,087 Posts
could it just be doing a re-gen of the dpf

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried with those injector fluids (3 tanks of gas - 3 bottles...) . Didnt help... I thought its regen of Fap also but done some reading here also:
"Under most normal driving circumstances, the FAP regeneration happens as required and may not even be noticed. Normal driving may even be enough to keep the soot load below the level where regeneration is required. The presentation suggested a 1-2% increase in fuel consumption only."
There is the thing that there are two ways of fap regeneration :

- passive : Passive regeneration takes place, automatically, on motorway-type runs in which the exhaust temperature is high (somewhere between 350ºC and 500ºC). As the exhaust is so hot (hot enough to ignite the soot particles) the regeneration process can carry on continuously and steadily across the platinum coated catalytic converter.

- active : is the opposite. A surprisingly large number of people don’t take their cars anywhere near a motorway so passive regeneration is only going to be possible once in a blue moon. Soot builds up in the DPF and intervention from the ECU is needed to shift it. In the case of a filter without additive when the soot loading reaches about 45 per cent the ECU switches off the EGR and increases the fuel injection period so there is a small injection after the main injection. These measures help to raise the engine exhaust temperature to over 600ºC which is high enough to burn off the soot particles.

And again... i should not notice the FAP regeneration (except small fuel consumption raise)... or should i? I dont mind fuel raise from time to time i understand it has to rise temp for particles to burn up but the car is shaking/jumping (sorry for my bad english..dont know the word for this :) ) at 1500 - 2000 rpm steady driving.

Is maybe there a way to see or a sensor that shows how much Additive fluid is still left?(Maybe there could be a problem...) As i understand this aditive is used for those particles to burn in lover temperatures... hmmm :) ill give it a check before i start throwing pinjatas (€€) away...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts