Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'd also be interested in this!

Also which is the correct starter motor?

Mine was replaced 2 years ago but it didn't help.

Mine is sluggish starting, even when jumped off a good battery.

Same car, 2005 2.0hdi.

D

·
0 Posts
1.Wait three minutes from last operation on car.
2.Disconnect the battery, both terminals.
3.Remove airbox.
4.Disconnect starter wiring (starter is located at from of engine, you can't miss it)
5.You'll need an 8mm allen key and a few spanners for leverage.
6.All there is is three 8mm allen key studs hoilding it on.

Do this job at your own peril. If you're not up to it or have tools, get someone who does.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Cant be as bad as changing the damn glow plugs! :)

Thanks for the advice, I'll take some pics if/when I change mine.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, that's mine done. Took me just under two hours, quite easy really, considering that was the first time ever I've worked on my car! I think I'll be getting stuck in more.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks guys, that's mine done. Took me just under two hours, quite easy really, considering that was the first time ever I've worked on my car! I think I'll be getting stuck in more.
Good news!

I've ordered a replacement for mine, should fit it next weekend.

I'll take a few pics and upload them.

Ben

·
Registered
77 Posts
Quick update.

Unfortunately I didnt take any pictures as it started raining hard just after I started (god loves goretex)

David's instructions were spot on. It took me just under an hour.

I think the starter motor wiring was attached with a 13mm nut and a 8mm nut.

I removed the 13mm with a ratchet spanner and then removed the 3 8mm allen bolts holding the startmotor in. It's a lot easier to do with a 8mm allen socket on a ratchet.

Once the starter motor is loose it was easier to maneuver it to get better access to the 8mm bolt holding the starter earth? on.

A pretty straight forward job.

My issue was someone had fitted what must be a 1.7KW starter in the past, the 1.9w start spins over a shedload quicker but has instantly sapped the battery.

Thanks for the support.

Ben

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys, i was quoted £500 for a new starter motor to be fitted into my 407. I'd like to try and do it myself as it seems pretty easy according to yours threads. Could someone tell me what part number (starter motor ) i should buy for my peugeot 407 55Reg 2.0 Diesel ? Thank you

D

·
0 Posts
Hey guys, i was quoted £500 for a new starter motor to be fitted into my 407. I'd like to try and do it myself as it seems pretty easy according to yours threads. Could someone tell me what part number (starter motor ) i should buy for my peugeot 407 55Reg 2.0 Diesel ? Thank you
Will need last eight numbers of chassis to get part number.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Starter motor part number required

Hi there, thank you very much for your help the last eight digits of the chassis number is 21246166

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Starter motor

Hey guys, my Starter motor has just gone on my 407 2.0hdi sw136
Just wondering if someone could help me out with a part number?
Just looking down this thread I think you need the vin or digit 6-9?
6-r 7-h 8-r 9-h
Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: starter motor

Yeah, tried that... Even been down to GSF who told me to come back with a part number, hence my post.
There are a number of options.
Many thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hiya, Im removing a gearbox now from a hdi 407sw. I can get to 2 allen key bolts holding it on but cant find the third! Help! I cant seem to get to the mount for the gear linkages either to remove it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
First of all merry Christmas everyone.

Recently taken over the running of my old man's 407 2.0 hdi zenith. Over the moon with it soo comfy but shock horror park it up and now it won't start won't tick over or anything. Quick search of this great forum checked fuse 8 and it's popped. Replaced it and pop again. So I think based oñ this its the starter and solenoid is that correct?

If so 1) what part am I replacing it with eurocarpart shows about 11 different ones for my reg

2) Where is the starter I'm pretty handy with spanner but it's jammed iñ the bay

3) is it OK to bump start a hdi and is it same process iñ gear clutch in ignition on build up speed and dump clutch?

Cheers
Lee

P's stuck a 30amp in and it won't start. It clicks and fuse has stopped blowing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts