Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
5,066 Posts
the link isnt working properly for me, i cant see the picture of the cup holder which is a shame cos was interested :(

J

·
0 Posts
Can't you see the ones further down Trem.... not for the 407 on there though.

·
5,066 Posts
Can't you see the ones further down Trem.... not for the 407 on there though.
:eek: didnt scroll down

would be good if one was available for the 407 as its a wasted space, ive never found a suitable use for that bit.

Has anyone else ???

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I couldnt get that pic either. But in answer to your question trem, I carefully roll up a brightly coloured microfibre duster for dash wiping, which fills the space nicely, its functional and you have the choice which colour to use too..... I think i might need to go out more!!

J

·
0 Posts
:eek: didnt scroll down

would be good if one was available for the 407 as its a wasted space, ive never found a suitable use for that bit.

Has anyone else ???
Fits my Blackberry nicely :nod:

Not much use for much else :lol:

·
5,066 Posts
everything i put in there ends up on the back seat at every set of traffic lights :eek::eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for the image mess-ups, guys. Here's a better link of someone in the US retro-fitting a similar unit:

DIY Cupholder and Coin Tray in Single Din Slots - Honda-Tech

Again, I think the problem here would be that the cubby-hole in the 407 isn't a single DIN full-width unit, but rather comprises part of the MFD fascia. You'd need to completely remove it and perhaps dremel out some space in order to fit such a thing in.

Does anyone have any cool solutions for the lack of cupholders in the front of the 407? The rear has those under the armrest, but I never have people in the back who need cupholders. It'd be great to fit on along the door a la the 307 or perhaps in the inside of the of the door of the compartment to the right of the steering wheel.

·
5,066 Posts
Taken straight from FB Trem? :lol:
not quite, twas on another forum which i knicked it from and posted here and on my fb wall :lol::lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's an idea I have that might work:

1. Pull out 2-Din fascia that covers the MFD and the cubby hole
2. Install the 1-Din cupholder below the MFD
3. Install 2 x Single-Din fascias (http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/12814.html); one for the MFD and one for the cupholder
4. Launch the cubby-hole + 2-Din fascia into space and / or sell them on eBay to make a tiny bit of the expense back.

Anyone see any glaring problems with this? I really don't know how much space is behind the cubbyhole and I haven't removed the MFD before, so I'm not sure if I'm getting myself in a ton of trouble or not...

Any ideas / thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
More ideas :)

This might be the simplest approach: http://www.sonauto.es/images/galeria/p4073.1.jpg

Check out the position of the RD4. I have no use for my ashtray or cigarette lighter whatsoever (and in the rare event I need to charge something, I can always use the rear cigarette lighter). I think this'd be a pretty sweet way to get the coin / cupholder installed and wouldn't necessitate screwing around with the cubby-hole / MFD fascia.

I just bought the following on eBay for a total of €31 incl. postage from the US to Ireland: Ford Taurus Mercury Sable Honda Civic Interior In Dash Cup Holder 1989 -1997 | eBay

In for a penny... :) Now to see about moving the RD4 down to that ashtray position!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts