Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have mentioned before I have a 407sw 1.6 hdi!
Usually have oil and filter change every MOT but my next service is due... its about 81k miles but not sure what service is due around this milage..

can anyone give me some ideas... and a break down of the next service interval please?

·
5,087 Posts
Guessing no-ones answering you as its a bit confusing.
Are you planning on servicing your car yourself ?Or is a garage/mobile mechanic doing this for you??
If its a garage/mobile mechanic that is doing the work and you want to trust them to do the work they should know exactly what needs doing when. The information for professionals is out there and readily available on the likes of autodata etc and they should follow either Peugeots own guidelines or something like Autodata.
I believe you have a 1.6 which is very sensitive to having to oil changed much more regularly than service intervals dictate and owners who dont change the oil every 6k or so have turbo problems etc.
If you are doing the work yourself, I along with others will gladly help you out but will need to know what you plan on doing, most that service at home only do a basic service IE: oil/ filters etc etc.

So i understand you have a 407 1.6 HDI Sw but (and i could have missed this) what year is it as some service items are age dependant as well as mileage

·
12,070 Posts
I'd not seen your post until you've bumped it with the second one.

If you register your car on the Peugeot website it tells you what service is due and what it entails.

I had a look on Autodata but I'd need your car's year for accurate details.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats good to know.. really didn't know the 1.6 version needed changing every 6k.... I was working on the theory it was every 12k.... long over due then and good to know peugeot will tell you whats need at the next interval.

I wasn't planning on doing the work my self but wasn't planning on taking it to a dealer either. The local garages around here are muppets and I tend to be a bit gullible when it comes to getting the car serviced!

when I find the link for peugeots service schedule I will post on here

·
5,087 Posts
There you go then 12k is fine for the 1.6 :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts