Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I bought a new peugeot 407sw (58 plate) about 3 months ago and i am having major problems with the RT5 multimeadia system.When I start the engine the screen will just freeze and wont come back on for about 5 minites,and it will continue to freeze and come back on for the rest of my journey.I have took it back to my peugeot dealer and they have changed the screen twice and the main unit once and i am still having te same problems with it,but peugeot keep saying theres nothing wrong with it.

Could someone please help, as i would be very grateful

·
Registered
1 Posts
My RT4...

Hi, there!

Just thought I'd drop you a line
I've got a 407 coupe with an RT4 system in it (08 plate)
I bought it last year and so far it has visited the dealer about 10 times to have the system looked at as the screen kept flickering - the system was working, it was just the screen that keep going down.
Eventually, they replaced the RT4 unit, but the problem kept persisting. In Novenber, they replaced the optical cable and since then (touch wood!) it seems to be ok.
The Bristol dealer ship I went to were very good, but did tell me that the main fault they've had complaints about is the system freezing up.
Mine did do that once whilst on the motorway, but then it shut itself down and rebooted. After that it was fine.
I don't know what they've done to yours, but check that the cables have also been replaced along with the system as apparently they can be the main issue with the system. Hope that helps a tiny bit!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.