Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem: 407 RT3 radio will not eject a -rw CD.

I have previously managed to eject an unreadable CD by holding the Eject button and tuning on the radio at the ingition key, after a period of 12 hours or so, however this does not seem to work now.

There must be a proper way to eject a CD that the player can not read.

The car is under warenty but the service department want to remove the unit and get another one, however this is just a waste of their time and mine.

Someone else must of had this problem!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK there is one way but I not sure it always works

If a CD containing MP3s that is either a -r or -rw and it will not eject in a RT3 or a RT4 unit take the following action.

Press and hold the "dark key" for 10 seconds this will reset the unit. Do this 3 times as this is number of times the radios is trying to load software from the bad disk, on the third reset the disk should be ejected.

If anyone actually knows if this is the recomended way to do or knows a better way to do this then please reply. The garage does not know and will just send the whole unit back which is a waste of everybodys time and money.

I find it hard to beleive that this problem is not more common but maybe I am the only one who plays MP3s?

Maybe a peugeot representative would like to coment

·
Registered
12 Posts
keith278 said:
Problem: 407 RT3 radio will not eject a -rw CD.

I have previously managed to eject an unreadable CD by holding the Eject button and tuning on the radio at the ingition key, after a period of 12 hours or so, however this does not seem to work now.

There must be a proper way to eject a CD that the player can not read.

The car is under warenty but the service department want to remove the unit and get another one, however this is just a waste of their time and mine.

Someone else must of had this problem!!
I have ejected a stuck disc. Follow a previous persons method. Hold the DARK button for 10 seconds but instead of 3 times when it is resets it took 5 times.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I have the same problem with an MP3 CR-R but in a simple radio CD, not and RT3. Do you know if the above approach will work?

I have also read about tricks with VISA cards but I think they are too risky.

What are the 2 pinholes in the Radio/CD used for ?

Thanks in advance,
Vassilis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts